Using "Set best mixture" causes mixture control to be permanently pulled out and unusable

Genuinely shocked Asobo haven’t included fixing this one in SU8.

If there’s something fundamental that can’t be fixed then remove the command entirely but don’t leave it in the game like this.

Hopefully, the “set best mixture” gets fixed soon. I have submitted the bug 3 times over the past 6 months after it stopped working. I believe is stopped working with SU6. Of course, the feedback on my bug report submission via Zendesk says it’s fixed. I think they just close tickets to move on and not even put them in the queue to fix them.

There is a bug assigning “mixture axis” to a controller axis and a button or simply a key for “best mixture” setting together. It is not possible to assign both settings at the same time, mixture setting gets lost and engine shuts down. When unplugging and re plugging the controller instantly → CTD!!
W10 pro + Logitech G940, but same probl. with any other contr.

Still broken

Confirmed, so much for patch SU8 and bug fixes…

Still broken in Update 8

2 Likes

Still broken on Xbox

• Sim Update 9 released

Does it work?
Would you like to know more?
drum rolls

Result:

Click me

STILL BROKEN

It will never be fixed when it’s impossible to open a bug report and the system closes this report immediately as solved. Even this is broken…

2 Likes

Still broken

Just discovered this now from future, and googled it, came across here, and registered site. Was checking out Bonanzo Beechcrafts “Lean” Setting and monitor/assist while messing with mixture lever just trying for fun to get most efficient setting dialed in…heard online you could set a button- so I did on my Xbox controller to Pushing in Right Analog + Direction Left at same time, no other keys binded to that…and I crashed, and discovered this annoying glitch. Also can’t restart plane if you glide down and want to restart and get up, knob is stuck just like you guys report. Even removing binding within same game wont help anything. Having to restart. I have other things I need to let people know also, like getting kicked out back to xbox dashboard constantly DURING the taxing at destination! I lost 2000 plus mile trips in final minute, and countless hours/miles not logged also. SMH

Unfortunately this bug still exists in the SU10 beta :frowning: I don’t use it that often, but nice when I’m in higher altitudes and things get a little hectics, it’s a really nice feature to have working.

If you are in Beta please report it.

Also had the bug today with the latest version (not Beta). But the bug occurred even though I didn’t use “Set best mixture” because I know that this bug exists (don’t even have the function mapped, controlled mixture manually instead). Without any inputs the mixture lever freaked out, was uncontrollable and killed my engine. Couldn’t bring it back to life. Thanks for the wasted flight time… again…

What’s the point of reporting in Beta, when this has been a bug since SU6?
They’re not bothering to even list it as a bug, they just close the Zendesk report as “fixed” as soon as the report is made. It will never be fixed or acknowledged in this way.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that :unamused:

Welp. Here’s for SU11! :smiley:

1 Like

September 2022, SU 10 & WU XI:

Still broken and i will keep posting till i die.

3 Likes

Still broke…

Just now had to land in a field.

Still broke…

IT WORKS … NOT (update)

40th Anniversary Update:

• Fixed the behavior of KEY_MIXTURE_SET_BEST to ensure it more accurately sets the best mixture

Problem now is it won’t cut the engine but after pushing the key the mixture knob is still unmoveable and resets to the correct value automatically even with ‘auto mixture’ off.