Valve Index - requires 6 minutes to swap to VR

When switching to VR mode, my system requires 6 minutes to change into VR since the latest update.
When I click on the button in menu or press the designated button on my buttonbox, the games freezes BUT the taskmanager indicates that it is still running/working. After 6 minutes, the screen changes into the stereo vission as it used to do and the screens of the Index fire up. I tried it at different points of the simulation (menu and after launching a flight) with same results. Once the sim is running, the performance compared older versions is much better and I don´t get any CTDs anymore when approaching 3rd party airports anymore.
Take it as a headsup that you might want to check the taskmanager for a frozen sim and maybe some patience for the system to run…
And if somebody has a sollution, that is highly appreciated - might reduce my coffee consumption and level my heartrate …

Not in IL-2 it doesn’t!!

Smooth as butter too.

Could you try at refresh rate 80 in steam VR settings?

Tried 90 and 80. Slightly faster but still 4 minutes frozen. I also tried to connect another USB device while the Sim war running (VR Insight M-panel) and the same happened. Sim freezes for some minutes then works as intended.

FWIW this doesn’t happen on my Valve Index. Note that before trying VR after the SU5 update, while fixing non-VR problems I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the sim, so I had a fresh configuration before trying VR.

With the latest hotfix, the problem seems to be solved! Well done!