Various controller issues after SU5 - Saitek Pro Yoke #pc

I have the Steam version of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Had it since launch and its been fine until recently.

I loaded it up after taking a break for a few months and have found it does not play nicely with my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke + Pedals + Quadrant.

– Quadrant –

In aircraft when I use the fuel mixture lever it behaves as follows:

• Full - Correctly reflects full mixture in game
  • Anything less than full - Goes to about 2/3 in game

My prop feather level works fine

Throttle works generally okay except the 350i, on this aircraft the throttle at 0 does not stop the aircraft from taxing by itself. The reverse thrust part of the quadrant also does not work

– The Yoke –
Seems to work okay in terms of the buttons, but periodically the sim stops registering the yoke. For example I will go into a left or right bank and centre the yoke but the sim stays in the bank (or worse, keeps banking the aircraft more and more). I will move the yoke all about to regain control but there will be 10-15 seconds where it does not respond (buttons do mind you), it’s almost like it has stopped polling.

– Pedals –

The pedals sometimes experience a similar issue to the yoke in that occasionally the sim stops polling the pedals. So I can use the toe braking but nothing happens or I turn the rudder and nothing will happen. Though this happens much rarer than the yoke and is not as much of an issue

In the 350i (and maybe other aircraft) I have found lately that the aircraft upon landing will not respond to the toe brakes meaning I have to hope for a long runway until they respond or get on the reverse thrust (using the mouse due to the above quadrant issue)

• I have removed all the aircraft liveries I have in my community folder (the only mods I have), but the issues remain
  • I do not use developer mode
  • I have tried resetting the controller settings in the sim to defaults, I have switched the Saitek input options between Default and the Saitek Profiles but the issue remains
  • My yoke and pedals are connected directly to rear USB connections on my PC, not via a hub

– PC Specs –
AMD Ryzen 5900X
32GB 3600Mhz RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 1080
Sim is installed on a dedicated internal NVMe drive

I also noticed that the sim freezes upon loading with the Orbx London Landmark pack installed (when it gets to about 75% loaded), but I’ve read this is a known issue and has been reported by many so I’m less concerned by this. I’ve uninstalled it for now.

Zendesk ID: 122856

Moved this from Bugs and issues because it addresses several issues. Report only 1 issue per thread – be specific

Regarding your yoke issue, I am having identical issues with my ProFlight yoke since the last update.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one. Honestly started to think maybe it was my controller failing

That would mean I’d get banned for spamming the forum with 5x posts, 3 of which are related to the same controller and the addon issue with Orbx I’m not really reporting per sé as there are already threads about it anyway

I have also a Saitek Joystick System (X52, Yoke + Throttle). And my problem is that the inputs kind off trembles. Video: https://youtu.be/cKoI7f0bHBk
Idk if this also belongs to your problem…