[VATSIM] Friday Night Ops Event - Non-Featured Field

FridayNightFlights

It’s Friday night! Let’s do something fun, shall we? Friday Night = Friday Night Flights (FNF) at www.ndbair.com! This is an event on the VATSIM online network.

The goal of FNF is for everyone to fly into a selected airport near the focus field for VATUSA’s FNO! An arrival time will be posted each week along with the FNF arrival field and your goal is to fly anything you wish from anywhere you chose, arriving as closely as you can to the listed arrival time. If you are in the mood for some low and slow, take out that prop and join us. In the mood for something larger, pull that bizjet out of the hanger and we’ll see you there. Depending on the field size, you can even fly your favorite airliner in.

PILOT EXPECTATIONS:
Pilots participating in this online event are expected to be comfortable with IFR and VFR procedures as well as able to fly proper flight plans with current navdata/charts. www.ndbair.com consists of experienced real-world pilots as well as enthusiasts with many years of experience. We are always willing to assist and answer questions, however, if you are unable to do as requested above, you are probably better off joining us and asking for help during non-event times.

SAN FRANCISCO FRIDAY NIGHT FLIGHTS INFORMATION:
Date: Friday, February 26, 2021
Arrival Airport: KHAF - Half Moon Bay (non-towered field - 9nm southwest of FNO focus airport - KSFO)
Arrival Time: 0230z (9:30 PM EST)

DISCORD VOICE CHAT AVAILBLE:
Discord Server Available for voice chat here. I would classify our VA and voice chat as NSFW (sometimes) so it’s perhaps best to use headphones if you have little ones around. :wink:

I hope to see as many as possible arriving at KHAF around 0230 zulu on Friday, February 26th.

This is tomorrow night for anyone that would like to join. We typically are logging into discord voice a couple of hours before the arrival window, but it’s open 24/7. I’ll most likely be doing a flight from the Seattle area in the CJ4, departing around 2300-2330 zulu.

Today is the day! Some of the VA members are talking about flying down from the Seattle area which is about a 1:45 to 2-hour flight, so leaving around 0000-0030z. Other’s will be coming from the Denver area or from the south a bit more. Should be a good time and selecting a non-event field typically results in a much more enjoyable FNO experience as you aren’t being vectored all over the country to get in a 30 plane final line. :wink:

First departures underway! I’m heading to KHAF from KBJC now… Feel free to join in at any point…