VATSIM is serious fun

… and not that hard to get into.

Preview online players

VATSIM

Just saying!

1 Like

Absolutely! I’m either using VATSIM or Pilot2ATC when I know i’ll need to pause ( i have kids lol)

Only gripe is the MSFS navdata missing at certain airports when using external ATC. I’ll get some airports where the sim data is missing a SID or STAR so when I assigned I’ll usually request vectors or a different STAR if there is one that makes sense from my location.

Adds a whole new layer to the sim

I have a few times had to jump into LittleNavmap and quickly enter it manually, but that has not been the case since the Navigraph beta, so far i have yet to have any missing.

if it’s worth it to you, a navigraph sub gets you the completed airac in msfs, through a beta program. The good thing is that once you have the data, you can cancel your sub and just remain on the slightly outdated data long term. Because it’s a beta there are frequent updates though, so you’d miss out on that.

Oh it’s definitely something I’ll have to do again. I used to sub for x-plane actually and left my sim and pilot2atc on the old cycle until I decided to sub again. Maybe this paycheck is the time lol!

I didn’t think that with the way MSFS was marketed that we’d need an external data source, as I was convinced that they were providing updates within their 10 year roadmap but that doesn’t seem to be the case , and if the data isn’t accurate then there is no point anyway.

There’s also IVAO.

I use the Navigraph subscription Beta (so i have always the new airac in msfs) and fly on Vatsim. It‘s the best combo for me. I love it​:+1:t2::blush:

Once they have the model matching nailed down I’m jumping right back into it, cross the pond on this sim is going to be a helluva sight.

1 Like

There is a decent model matching rule out there that matches with the Mega Liveries Pack. Its not bad, it helps but there are a lot of European aircraft in the US where they shoudnt be LOL

Fingers crossed FLAI etc will be native soon.