VATSIM / IVAO / LNM etc ALL need their SimConnect injected aircraft to show labels

SimConnect injected traffic (VATSIM, IVAO) should now be displayed in HTML/JS instruments that have traffic displays as well as on the VFR Map

Partial fix? Still downloading.

More of a fix for this issue. Still not a complete fix, as standard players are not included, but I’d say that is less important than SimConnect traffic.

Not really. There is/was a mod out there that did this already, while native is better, but it did not fix the nameplate issue to show simconnect labels.
Has there been an update on this issue yet @Jummivana ? It has been 3 months of patient waiting, and we suspect this could be a quick fix, and close this topic I hope. Also, no legal hurdles : ) Thanks.

4 Likes

5 Months later, and despite being brought up in the Q&A by Jane, the request seems to be ignored.

So, what is now happening this weekend … Pilot Edge’s SimVenture 2021.

Those flying in the event who are using MSFS are so disadvantaged,

NO Labels to see other aircraft

Simconnect injected planes have such a messed up LOD for injected planes, that you cannot see any planes, greater than about 1/4 mile, and then, only their lights…

REALLY DISAPPOINTING…

All the other FS’s have labels, FSX, P3D, XP – but not the most recent MSFS…

3 Likes

Why has this request died … or is being totally ignored without an reason given ??

If you are interested in this subject, you might like to also read the comments in the thread

which discusses the same issue, from a slightly different point of view,

Bumping thread. This would still be a nice to have feature.

3 Likes

The OP needs to update this post, as now the lights are not even visible

1 Like

That is a different issue … and should not confuse the main issue.

1 Like

This is an important flaw in MSFS that is preventing its full adoption in the online community I’m a part of.

I cannot understand it !!! Why are not Vatsim, IVAO and all who use those services with MSFS, not pushing for this ?

It got mentioned once in a Q&A by Jayne, and Asobo seemed to indicate they were unaware that it was an issue, and would look into it.

And that was the last it was ever mentioned or discussed.

Forgetting the Online ATC services … if they are not interested (for whatever reason, thats their choice)

But other Apps, like LNM, would greatly benefit by being able to see MSFS MP planes in their apps, along with the MP Planes basic tag data.

Perhaps because many people (if not the majority) in VATSIM, IVAO etc don’t care that much about MSFS, at least not yet.

OK, fair enough … but a lot of MSFS “Pilots” do fly on Vatsim.

I also expect, most MSFS “pilots” very quickly find LNM, and make use of it, only to find that only their MSFS Plane appears on the LNM map and not other people’s MSFS MP planes.

1 Like

When the multiplayer is managed by JoinFS, then multiplayer aircraft CAN be seen, with labels, in FSTramp and Little Nav Map (and, I’m told, PlanG).

The problem arises because when multiplayer is managed by JoinFS, labels are NOT visible is direct vision of multiplayer aircraft within the sim. That’s what needs fixing as far as I’m concerned.

Yes, but not everyone uses the JoinFS.

Of course not. But thanks to an error in the way simconnect has been implemented in MSFS, what works perfectly in FSX and P3D does not work in MSFS; and this is preventing the adoption of MSFS as anything more than an occasional recreation by some who would otherwise love to move over wholeheartedly from mainstream flying on P3D. Fixing that error would open MSFS up to wider adoption than is possible at present.

Can you expand on what that limitation is please ?

This is exactly what this thread is about :+1:

Asobo: Please can you add the ability for injected SimConnect aircraft show labels.

At the moment, injected SimConnect aircraft do NOT show labels, so any Injected Plane is very hard to spot when flying … compared with the non-injected Aircraft.

Hopefully, adding this Label ability, that is already available for non-injected Aircraft, is not a major development task, and was probably just an oversight .

The lack of these labels is a particular issue, with Apps that inject or read by Simconnect aircraft, in MSFS, ie Vatsim / IVAO / LNM . / JoinFS

Indeed. I’m agreeing with you. (And no, I don’t know how I came to delete my previous post!)

1 Like

It’s perhaps worth adding some detail about the nature of the problem at present.

When connecting via MSFS multiplayer, aircraft labels or nameplates show up visually within the sim: but multiplayer aircraft are not visible on FSTramp or LittleNavMap.

Conversely, when using JoinFS to connect together, multiplayer aircraft are visible on FSTramp and LittleNavMap, but aircraft labels or nameplates do not show up within the sim itself, making it very hard to see other aircraft - though they are visible within the sim when you are close.

It is possible to connect using BOTH MSFS multiplayer and JoinFS at the same time, and this gives visibility on FSTramp and LNM, AND also gives visible aircraft labels or nameplates within the sim. Unfortunately this also leads to visible double images of other players’ aircraft when you are close to them.

The ideal solution would be for the developers to fix this within MSFS so it works as it did in P3D (and FSX), giving visible labels and visibility on FSTramp and LNM.

The best description of the nature of the underlying problem I’ve seen is on the FSTramp website: “Due to the poor integration of the SimConnect communication interface in the simulator by Asobo, the aircraft of the simulator’s own multiplayer system are not visible in FSTramp.”

1 Like