VATSIM / IVAO / PILOTEDGE Users - Be aware of an important bug!

Good morning all! Most probably haven’t discovered this, but in the SU5 release notes there is a comment that states the following:

AIRCRAFT/AVIONICS

• Plane altitude is different than expected
    • No known workaround

This can be extremely problematic when flying on VATSIM. You may find that in your sim, the altitude is set at the proper FL320 for instance with the correct altimeter setting. If you look at an external client like Foreflight, VATspy, etc. you’ll find that your altitude can be off by as much as 2500’. You will quickly find the controllers calling you to discuss why your altitude is off. This is tied directly to the live weather. Pictures for reference are incoming shortly.

24 Likes

Also, a patch is supposed to come out “soon” to fix this. They know this is important and hopefully we have a patch this week.

6 Likes

If the Controller know this issue, it should be fine until the fix.

1 Like

nah, VATSIM controllers will not know… Even if they did, it would be impossible to keep track of who’s flying MSFS vs other sims.

You shouldn’t expect them to account for this. I would just not fly on VATSIM till this is fixed.

12 Likes

Darn…And i just bought a brand new head set with mic, because W10 didn’t want to recognise my Bose headsets’ mic anymore !! even worse…I subscribed to Navigraph to have a 200% experience feeling…
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Let’s hope they’ll be quick to solve that bug :grimacing:

3 Likes

I’m sure they will :slight_smile: … look at it this way - the improvements on SU5 are massive, and while we may have to wait a week or two till this is fixed, the performance improvements are here to stay. So we have many hundreds/thousands of hours of VATSIM fun ahead of us

4 Likes

Yikes, this is bad.

3 Likes

Thank you friend for pointing this out to the non-beta users!!! Appreciate it.

3 Likes

This applies to VATSIM, IVAO, and PilotEdge.

5 Likes

Updated title to reflect this. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks. It’s PilotEdge btw.

Just fixed my typo lol

1 Like

Thanks for the awareness! Appreciate it!

1 Like

agreed, patience is rewardfull with this new sim…despite what many simmer say, i will never be able to switch back to FSX…and i don’t even mention P3D that was useless as i am not an IT nerd.
And considering how fast MSFS2020 is improving…woaw…Patience my young padawans… :wink: :sunglasses:

1 Like

We were assured by Asobo that they have a fix in place and will hopefully patch this bug soon.

5 Likes

As others have mentioned, this is an awareness post just to make sure folks online understand what’s going on.

@Jummivana @OlieTsubasa443 Can we get this pinned or something until the bug is squashed?

3 Likes

Very very bad.

Thanks,
In order to avoid that bug, could we have as solution to desactivate real weather, and fly for exemple at 1013 QNH and clear sky all the times ?

edit : first post was edited, so seems to be the solution

1 Like

Just to add, Matt from WT did post and confirm in discord that it has been tackled.
wt

5 Likes