VATSIM / IVAO / PILOTEDGE Users - Be aware of an important bug!

FYI, this problem with altitude also occurs with built-in AI ATC. It is a major bug.

2 Likes

Forgot to turn off live weather and was told I was 600 feet from the altitude I should have been, was totally embarrassed on frequency, lol.

So the hotfix fixes the temperature bug. Does that include the altitude bug as well?

Yes it does! See the “altimeter fixes”.

Good to hear!

I don’t believe this has been fixed. Currently at FL390 in FBW A320. SMARTCARS for my VA is reporting me at FL410

2 Likes

I will ask a controller for an altitude check, give me a moment.

Hello,

i’ve checked it in vatspy. With the CRJ700 I’m 800ft to high.

Greetings,
Sascha.

1 Like

Go low and fast, make your presence known :slight_smile: People would just love a jet screaming at 800ft above theirs heads. I guess… Everyone likes airplanes, right?

I was at 4,500 feet and they saw me at 4,700 feet and I double checked the altimeter setting with them. Tolerance is 300 feet correct? Even so I don’t think it’s ever been an issue on the VATSIM network, it’s usually pretty spot on what you report if you’re holding your altitude. I think this problem still exists.

1 Like

Agreed it’s still not fixed. @Jummivana please can you find out why this was not resolved?

4 Likes

No it doesn’t include a fix for the altitude bug. Altitude on the altimeter at circa 10,000 feet after taking off from KSNA reads about 500 below the “GPS altitude” reported via SimConnect. (Tested with ForeFlight connected via fs2ff.)

Ok I’ve checked a few other things using Pilot2atc client. It’s showing my indicated msl FL as 39150 which matches the aircrafts altimeter. It’s showing actual msl as FL 40883. Of course this is with STD pressure.

That’s probably separately fetching the pressure (wrong) altitude and the GPS (correct) altitude via SimConnect, so it’ll naturally reflect the altimeter on the pressure altitude readout.

When using an actual barometric pressure calibration, I always get results that start about accurate at ground level and get worse the higher I go, which matches the original description of the bug and the pre-hotfix behavior.

I would assume that VATSIM clients fetch the GPS altitude, which would be most similar to actual ADS-B or ground radar data.

It may depend on the client then? Smartcars is definitely fetching the wrong pressure altitude. I’m learning as I go with this bug.

1 Like

Darn. If it’s not in a hot fix then it’s a bigger problem than they thought or it’s just not a priority. That’s disappointing.

1 Like

I have the same problem at the beginning of flight, Standard Baro i am at 32,000ft with CRJ4 on IVAO flying from KAVL to KEYW, on webeye i seem on 33,500ft but after a while webeye shows 32,200 which is normal also same change on SIMACARS, strange.

Definitely not fixed. ATC still telling me to expedite my climb even though i’m already at that altitude and even confirmed baro is set correctly by pressing B.

Nope. Not fixed at all. If anything, it’s worse. Did they even bother testing this?

2 Likes

Yep. Not fixed. Doesn’t anyone do some tests before release and writing release notes. Amateurish.