VATSIM traffic, lights don't sync when connecting

Since lights work in VATSIM with swift as they should and also works in IVAO, it’s pretty clear that bug is in vPilot and not in sim.

And since this was a simulator bug report initially, this thread should be closed or moved to another category.

Discussion about the bug in vPilot in vatsim forums: Feature Request - Trigger NAV Lights always on - vPilot - VATSIM Community

1 Like

At your request, I have moved this to Third Party Addon Discussion. If, for any reason, we need to move this back to Bugs & Issues, the vote count (which was 50) will remain intact, so don’t worry. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not a bug in the sim or in vPilot. It’s not a bug, period. They simply changed something in MSFS that broke the lights in vPilot. Asobo never guaranteed that they would never make changes that break third-party software. No developer can ever make such a guarantee.

The most you can say is that it’s a minor incompatibility between MSFS and vPilot. I just need to update vPilot to change the way the light commands are sent to MSFS such that the timing of those commands works with the way MSFS does things. IVAO’s pilot client and swift both do this already, so I know it’s possible. I just need to find the time to make the changes in vPilot and get a new release out. I’m currently swamped with real world stuff so my hobby stuff (like VATSIM development) has taken a back seat.

11 Likes

Well it doesn’t really matter what to call it, bug or incompatibility. Point was in my message that it is not bug/incompatibility in sim as I initially thought and thread should be moved away from sim bug section as moderator did.

A lot have changed through out the updates and after almost every major update something breaks with 3rd party addons, so not surprised that something changed with lights too.

Thank you for spending your free time so that the rest of us can have nice things!

1 Like

I finaly managed to get swift working. works verry well and also the light sync seems to be ok. with one expection: I don’t see any taxi lights. anybody else determined that?

If you are using IVAO models, download these, all lights will work after that.

yes Im using the IVAO models. will try. thank you.

The fixes do not work for me with vPilot/VATSIM since Sim Update 6.

Hmm ok. I had same issue that all other lights were showing but taxi/landing lights. After applying those fixes I started seeing those too

And also asked from IVAO mtl dev who made those models about ldg/taxi lights and he said that it needs fixes from flightsim.to

I’m talking about taxi lights in vatsim using the swift client to connect and not vpilot.

Client or even which network doesn’t matter because the issue is with the models.

But at least ldg/taxi lights started working for me when I installed those fixes. I’m using swift in vatsim for now.

ok thx. I will give it a try

I installed the patch and it works verry well. Also swift works verry well and the matching is for a beginner like me much better than in vPilot.

1 Like

just finished a flight to EDDF on vatsim with the swift client. lots of planes, all had lights and the mapping worked like a charm. verry impressive :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I can confirm that it works with swift, so we will have to wait for an update for vPilot, but since the developer is not very cooperative at the moment and does nothing but strange sayings in the VATSIM forum, it will probably take a while or vPilot for MSFS died.

2 Likes

I am actually enjoying Swift much more than vPilot. The model matching has been really good once you get through setting it up initially. I like all the information available to you in Swift, and of course lights on other aircraft working correctly.

2 Likes

Same here, Swift was a real headache to setup and a bit overwhelming in the beginning, but now that i’ve been using it for a week, I love it. Superior model matching, working lights, and i’ve found the atc radar very useful when on unicom. Lots of other features. Won’t be going back to vPilot.

7 Likes

is model matching working? i have 450 airlines inside my vmr and using x-csl

So far yes, it’s been really good! It seems to keep itself up to date with new data from a centrally managed database by the Swift team. My client seems to send and receive model data each time I use the client. Still learning about it but it’s been great.

2 Likes