VATSIM traffic, lights don't sync when connecting

AIG models have massive lighting problems, it doesn’t matter if you use vPilot or Swift. It works a little better with the IVAO models, but none of this is perfect. Maybe Asobo broke something again. They don’t even know the difference between MSL and AGL at METARs, that’s why we now have low clouds everywhere. It’s all just ridiculous …

You are freakin amazing! Let there be light!!

This bug had been driving me crazy. Thanks so much for implementing the workaround!

1 Like

Just for clarity;
Ross hacked around an issue of lights not being in sync in vPilot.

The issue of many aircraft on the ground not displaying lights is not fixed. This is especially noticable with the AIG models vs the IVAO models.

The AIG model nav lights, beacons and strobes are not visible (even though the cast light is) on the ground. taxi, logo and landing lights appear to work but I think they also have the problem - you can’t see the light source (the ‘lamp’) but you can see the light they cast.

When traffic becomes airborne, suddenly all the ‘lamps’ appear correctly.

Similarly, when aircraft land, it looks like as soon as they get weight on nosewheel, all lamps disappear.

Must be something model / cfg related, but what?

Not seeing Nav / beacon / strobe on the ground is really really immersion destroying.

4 Likes

we are currently investigating different settings on the AIG models, since we see the same behavior on some test systems as well.

4 Likes

Thanks Kaiii appreciate the info… good luck :slight_smile:

This exactly! I’ve been struggling to explain it but this is the same issue I’ve been having. It’s unfortunate because they look great up in the air and I lose sight of them on the ground.

2 Likes

Nothing to add here that hasn’t already been said, just adding my voice to the list of those who have experienced this issue with no lights on the ground for AIG models. Also weirdly, no nosegear? Maybe that’s just me…

did you have any new information to share with us regarding this problem? many thanks.

use swift its better
Better and easier model matching
Lights are working perfect

yes swift is great. but do you see nav and beacon lights with AIG models when they are on the ground?

lights are working perfect!

No, I’ve tested Swift and same problem regardless of client. It may appear masked in Swift if it priortises IVAO models which do show lights on the ground.

i only use Alpha India Group AI Manager and swift and i get lights everywhere!
On ground when turned on (Taxi) and Strobe, Landing, Beacon …
Make sure youre have a correct Model set for swift

I want to post an update to an issue I’ve seen consistently on VATSIM. I’ve spoken with Ross who develops vpilot and we both seem confident this is more of a sim related issue. When VATSIM traffic is airborne, their lights are visible, but on the ground, they are not.

For instance, if I look at an aircraft while it’s on the ground, it’ll have lights, but I have to look closely and they’re difficult to see, but as soon as they get a few hundred feet in the air, they all become very visible. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have exactly the behaviour as you described. Only verry few planes have real lights on the ground. Till now I dont see any logic why these few have lights on the ground.

Yup, it’s very odd and I can’t tell if it’s an issue with the model matching set I’m using or if it’s the sim behavior.

im using swift and lights are working more than perfect!
Model matching with AIG AIM is great!

Q: If I choose a KLM fwb A320N with KLM livery, but set my callsign in Vatsim to SAS1234 , what a/c livery will you see me in ?

SAS, since it is callsign based