VCRUNTIME140.dll Error

I cleaned my PC of every VCRUNTIME140.dll I could find. Rebooted. Download and installed the latest runtime library from MS. Rebooted. Used MSFS until the next CTD. When I looked at the error log message, the indicated VCRUNTIME140.dll was an older version, not the one I just installed. I scanned my system but could not find the version in the error log. Now I’m really confused! What a big waste of time!

so, you not found all :wink: … it is the hidden game in the msfs game :wink:

Have you enabled this Windows QuickStart stuff ?
( energy → what happens in case Powerbutton → QuickStart )

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, I looked this up:

Your app uses a VCLibs framework package. If you are converting a C++ Win32 app, you must handle the deployment of the Visual C++ Runtime. Visual Studio 2019 and the Windows SDK include the latest framework packages for version 11.0, 12.0 and 14.0 of the Visual C++ Runtime in the following folders:

• VC 14.0 framework packages: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Kits\10\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.VCLibs.Desktop\14.0
  • VC 12.0 framework packages: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Kits\10\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.VCLibs.Desktop.120\14.0
  • VC 11.0 framework packages: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Kits\10\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.VCLibs.Desktop.110\14.0

To use one of these packages, you must reference the package as a dependency in your package manifest. When customers install the retail version of your app from the Microsoft Store, the package will be installed from the Store along with your app. The dependencies will not get installed if you side load your app. To install the dependencies manually, you must install the appropriate framework package using the appropriate .appx package for x86, x64, or ARM located in the installation folders listed above.

Dunno if this helps or not, but the SDK references that either the app author packages the correct support files with software, or references the SDK links.

So with that being said, is there an end-user distribution of the SDK that might help alleviate this run-time error?

Has anyone find a solution to this VCRUNTIME140.dll issue. The simulator at this moment is unbearable to me as I cannot complete any flight I do, so much so that I uninstalled the game and went back to FSX. Before someone tell me to do anything listed above, yes I have tried it all and even went a step further by reinstalling Windows 10, I still get the same CTD.

1 Like

there are a lot of possible fixes described…

With your two posts we have no info about your special issue.
The only thing which we can say is, because you seemingly use “FlyByWire Mod” : try MSFS without installed mods.

I never really had any issues with the MSFS crashing until now… For the past few days, MSFS keeps crashing every time I try to start a flight without any error message right after I spawn in the aircraft. I’ve tried using all of the solutions from the older topics such as running the sim with and without mods, reinstalling VC redist, Reinstalling MSFS, and removing the rolling cache Any ideas about what’s going on and how to fix it? Attaching log from the Event Viewer.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.11.6.0, time stamp: 0x5fb7f48d
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.28.29325.2, time stamp: 0x5f6d82df
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000001283
Faulting process ID: 0x1300
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6cc922e0669b3
Faulting application path: D:\steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Report ID: 5c699d5c-24bc-47f7-96c4-31f8d2c95729
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

2 Likes

If you look carefully, you’ll find that it isn’t an MSFS problem, but a problem with the MS Visual C++ Runtime environment.

was there any Update of MSFS Update in this time ?

There was before that the sim was running perfectly

we want to find out the “since”… was there a game update ( 1.11.6 ? ) or was there an Windows update in this time , graphics driver upd , … ? It is a computer, if there is not a defect in hardware, and nothing else was changed it should works deterministic.

Unfortunaly you changed with these RE-Installing of just everthing in your PC the former working reference impl…

Now we can only start with all basic questions about installed mod, kind of overcloacking /xmp ? driver versions ? c++ lib version ? etc…

In other thread we had the order of installation in focus,… also wether you made Windows-Restart in beetween all these driver reinstalls…

There have been several C++ runtime libraries updates downloaded and installed via Microsoft Store.

Hi, with the December 8 update I can report that I no longer suffer from the wretched VCRUNTIME140.dll anymore. Yay!!!
Now that I can fly I thought lets take the Airbus out of the hanger… then this…

My First Youtube

I am sorry for the quality, literally the very first video I ever made and then I was let down by the quality.

2 Likes

I get this crash…every 30-60 mins

1 Like

Anyone got any fixes?

I’ve been running ok for a few sessions, 30 + mins flying in the TBM around Grand Canyon

Now I’m back to CTD again, which is frustrating. I load up, get into aircraft, start the engines (sometimes as i am loading up the Garmin) then bang CTD. Run time 140.

Updated/repaired my C+++ libraries as well, still CTD.

I’ve been running on low settings for a while (as per ticket replies from on Zendesk), and adjusted a few up to medium as per the guides i am reading, perhaps that’s the issue?? Maybe my system isnt up to it?

System: i7 7700K GTX 1080Ti 32Gb Ram Win 10

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fc94fca
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.28.29231.0, time stamp: 0x5f4c66c9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000012de
Faulting process id: 0x1c1c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6d297bb8748c5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.29231.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Report Id: 9e5cb00f-79f7-4ac5-8cfa-fd7af50515bc
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

can you try, just for a test, to disable Generic Models ?
( set Generic Models to ON , both settings )…

in another thread is mentioned, that the old issue might be still exists…

What do you mean by this?

You’re screwed basically - the CTD’s are in the “Backlog” - programmer for “yea never gonna get addressed”.

I’ve been unable to run this since day one - and I finally gave up today and requested a refund from the MS Store - will see how that goes.

I’ve tried everything including 2 separate reinstalls of windows 10, and nothing fixes the issues. I’ve provided dumps, logs and diags several times with no joy - the ticket gets closed and the game isn’t fixed.

No other piece of software / game has any issues on the box and I can run benchmarks / stress test software with no issue using all cores at 100%

2 Likes

I just reviewed your previous posts and unless I missed it, I have never seen you post your computer specs.
It is almost impossible for anyone on this forum to help you solve the problems without some very specific details.

• CPU -
  • GPU -
  • Motherboard
  • Memory
  • video resolution

a a bare minimum.

It was all in the trouble tickets I logged with support - but for the record :

CPU : Intel 10600K
GPU : Zotac 1080
Motherboard : ASRock Z490 Taichi
Memory : 32GB ( 8 X 4 Gskill DDR400 F4-4000C18Q-32GTZR on MB QVL list)
Video Res : 1920 x 1080
Windows 10 20H2 19042.685
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
FS2020 : patched to latest and no mods at all installed.

No overclocks at all and the memory is running at the base non XMP profile @ 2666Mhz.

I can run OCCT for hours with zero hardware errors (Large Data set., Auto Threads, AVX2 ) and all drivers are patched to the latest releases. No other software including DCS and Cyberpunk has any issues at all. I’ve been through the self help threads and literally tried every single thing I’ve seen suggested, from removing and reinstalling the game and Xbox components, the VC++ runtimes, turning off AI traffic, adding Swap. I’ve literally a few hours a week sunk into this since release hoping to get it running.

I’m even getting crashes loading never mind actually trying to fly the thing - I’m yet to get an aircraft into the air.

Yep… every 30-60 minutes it crashes for me… tried everything. And like you said, I can play other games for hours with 0 issues.