VCRUNTIME140.dll Error

this can be because your system have issues or there are network-issues ( some in-game settings exists for that ).

Because you still ignore the request to give more informations about your system, I assume the issue is your system :wink:

Not overclocking, updated and reinstalled drivers, I have tried all the fixes in the thread, I did notice a spike to 100% on the monitoring page for 3d usage which I suspect is related, I have longish periods of it working. I have tried every fix I can find for the issue not just on this thread but other threads and other games, my hardware is running well under capacity apart from GPU Memory which runs at 80% on Medium/high graphical settings.

However I am convinced this makes no difference as when I switch everything off or to low it still happens, so likely unrelated to this problem.

exactly for these reason we try to find out first, whether your hardware is okay and whether well known hints/solutions will works.

The thread here was a bit specical, because the issue with ā€œVCRUNTIME140.dllā€ comes normaly from the version of c++ libsā€¦ We currently not know why this is not the caseā€¦

But If we assume your system is fine, you find often such posts:

But is of course also mentioned within the big CTD thread.

In special if your MSFS runs long time okay and rare CTDs occurs, it can be some network stuffā€¦ can be, because of course hardware issues also possible. These game use 100% all of the time and a single weakpointā€¦

PS.: searching an issue is not an easy thingā€¦ and if users report an issue with only one sentence, you must understand that the reaction is mostly also not the nicest one :wink:

I have it on a 2080 too :joy:

I have had problems with CTDs from the beginning, usually with the VCRUNTIME140.dll error, usually I get a CTD after 20 to 60-90 minutes of flight.

My system:
Motherboard AMD X570 PRO4
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
16.0 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX5700 XT - 8 Gb
Windows 10 Home version 20H2 Build 19042.685
Power supply Corsair RM750x
3 ACER screens 2560x1440 (VG271U, XV270U, ā€‹ā€‹CB271HU)
1 DDC display (from VRinsight CDU II)
When I fly with FSX, I also use a 10 ā€Android tablet connected to the PC via USB and SuperDIsplayals extra screen without any problems.
Track IR 5

I have tried the suggestions for a fix for @willisxdcā€™s VCRUNTIME140.dll error from Dec 22, 2020.

Solution 1
In Bitdefender, I created an exception rule for the ransomware remediation for MSFS. however it did not tix the CTDā€™s, after about 90 minutes I got again a CTD with VCruintime140.dll error.

Solution 2
After that I also tried solution 2. I have set MSFS to High Performance in graphics mode.
This helped, I could finally fly without CTDs and have already made several flights, including one of about 6 hours.

However, I only use the 3 - 2560x1440 screens in AMD Eyefinity mode, where I use MSFS on the center screen and on half of both screens on the left and right side.
If I detach the G1000 clear glass cockpit windows and put them on the android tablet and the screen of the VRinsight CDUII, I do get CTDs with a ntdll.dll error, but also again with VCRUNTIME140.dll.

Conclusion
I can now finally fly without CTDs if I only use the 3 screens and do not try to put the G1000 glass cockpit windows on extra screens.

@willisxdc, thanks for these solutions.

1 Like

already increased virtual memory ?

I know, this error points normaly to c++ libs and I assume you already checked your installed c++ libs, but who knows :wink:

Friendly reminder to Asobo that I cannot play the game still, left with no update, no dev response.

I have tried several more fixes today with no luck, reseated ram, reinstalled gpu drivers again, used a single monitor instead of 2, tried using various graphical settings, still nothing.

Is it me or do these kind of issues only get worse as time goes on, I never remember anyone having problems like this in the 90ā€™s.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.12.13.0, time stamp: 0x5fda3fe4
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.28.29325.2, time stamp: 0x5f6d82df
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000014b4
Faulting process ID: 0x8c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6dede952daaa0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Report ID: 57015f75-b91e-43c0-a4b6-4dac859fba15
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Keep getting these after last 2 or 3 updates as well. Will try one of willisxdc solutions and see if it helps.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.12.13.0, time stamp: 0x5fda3fe4
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.25.28508.3, time stamp: 0x5e155520
Fault offset: 0x00000000000012de
Faulting process id: 0x4884
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6df00b58ef6ea
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll

Same hereā€¦It is SO frustrating and itā€™s really ticking me offā€¦PLEASE FIX THIS!! The game was fine the first few patches.

I was getting ctdā€™s like most here, but what sorted the issue for me, and i have not had one since i removed all 3rd party liveries.

I have not got a clue as to why they may be causing issues, but i am quite happy to fly without them if it means just using the default liveries.

1 Like

Were they in your community folder? Or did you just removed them from the computer overall. Thanks.

Community folder

1 Like

Thanks MichaMMA for your adviceā€¦
The correct C++ libs were already installed :wink:
Unfortunately setting the virtual memory to min 4 and max 20 does not have the desired result. The VCRuntime140.dll CTDs in combination with the extra screens have not been remedied.

hmmmā€¦

Only other idea I have then in mind is the usb monitorā€¦ like here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fps-decreasing-to-10-when-pop-out-in-virtual-screen-is-used-low-gpu/324937/5?u=michamma

I thought my sim setup have been immune to this CTD issueā€¦
Well after six and a half hour flight, bangā€¦

It was a ā€œbitā€ annoying. But hey, hopefully there will be a solution for that or at least something which gives us more insight what could cause this issue.

Iā€™ve been flying without issues for months, and I am sad I have to say that the past couple of days Iā€™ve been having these crashes as well, most of the time after 10-30 minutes of flying.

No updates, no driver changes, no overclocksā€¦ basically no changes on the whole setup and the software. It just started crashing a couple of days ago with the same error most in here seem to be getting:

Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.28.29325.2, time stamp: 0x5f6d82df
Fault offset: 0x00000000000012de
Faulting process id: 0xaa4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e39e64e75b25
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Report Id: 4f72c3f6-fb33-4f36-b59d-f72f13ea28fe
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Was hoping it was a transient issue, but sadly, it wasnā€™t. Itā€™s consistent.

After having a couple of these crashes Iā€™ve tried the following;

• cleaning out and reinstalling graphics drivers (from AMD)
  • cleaning out and letting windows handle the display drivers (from windows update)
  • cleaning out and reinstalling the VCredist (x64 and x86 versions)
  • disabling Azure text to speech
  • limiting FPS to 30 with Afterburner / Rivatuner
  • lowering maximum GPU clocks a bit with Afterburner

Nothing has helped so far.
Any ideas?
B450 motherboard with a 5800X
16GB DDR4 3200MHz
RX57000XT (8GB)
NVME M.2 SSD (only drive)

Seems like you have done most of things I would suggest.
I have been working a hunch on this error. I have not been able to get mine to CTD so donā€™t have a way to test my theory. If you would like to be a Guinea pigā€¦

Iā€™ve skimmed over that post earlier. Iā€™m assuming youā€™re pointing at Solution 1 here, since I donā€™t have onboard graphics, and I would think that Solution 2 wouldnā€™t help me.

For solution 1; I donā€™t think itā€™s an Access violation / Exception Violation, since that isnā€™t mentioned in the event viewer anywhere? Or is that what the Exception code: 0xc0000005 is telling you.

Iā€™m not really comfortable disabling Ransomware Protection in this day and age, but might give it a try tomorrow (itā€™s too late in the evening now) and make sure I have no other programs opened whatsoever (especially browsers). Might be an interesting experiment, but Iā€™m not hopeful.

Iā€™ve had the same thing happen over the last few days (72-96 hours?) Sometimes I fly for three hours without any issue. Other times Iā€™ll get three crashes in an hour. Go figure.

Yesterday I only had one in over six-plus hours of ā€œsaddle time.ā€

No changes whatsoever to my system since the ā€œspikeā€ update. :slight_smile: