VelocityOne Flight Universal Control System - Turtle Beach

Hi, Turtle Beach have a Discord channel we’re you can post issues/ questions

Buy the industrial strength Velcro from Lowes or Home Depot

I’m still getting random button assignments mid flight and the training mode seems to reflect some of my changes to a single prop profile but not others unless that’s how training mode is supposed to be with default controls only?

Anyway last night I’d taxi to the runway, all assists are off etc. I get to the runway to turn around and now my rudder is controlling cockpit translate view down again and a few others so I go in again and save them and its fine but it’s happening almost every flight now.

I still can’t bind certain things to certain buttons, it says it’s mapped but does nothing in the sim. I know its bugged to bits at the moment but is there any plan to look into this?

The training mode is useless to me now as most of my assignments have been changed so I’ve reverted back to a pad and pen lol

Edit also

Xbox button causing aircraft to go uncontrollable. Assumed it was the pause bug

videos and pics here

I’m running on xbox series x and I use a VelocityOne, Keyboard and mouse and a controller that’s on occasionally for the drone and screenshots.

So I’m still having the problem I thought that was caused when the game auto paused and unpausing was causing the aircraft to go into an uncontrollable spin/dive. Whatever I tried I couldn’t get out of especially at 10,000FT in the caravan so it stopped me doing long flights but last night I noticed.

I can turn on the xbox controller fine once it turns off by holding the xbox button and the sim is fine but if I accidentally hit the xbox button which brings up the xbox side bar either while the game is paused or it pauses automatically when hitting it (sometimes by mistake on the VelocityOne or controller etc) The aircraft switches off AP and goes into this uncontrollable spin where it feels like my elevators, rudder and ailerons don’t work although power does and flaps etc

I know the simple answer is just not to press the button for now as I’m glad I’ve found a work around and hope it may help others having the same issue.

TLDR aircraft going into an uncontrollable spin after pausing is actually caused by pressing the xbox button at least for me on xbox that brings up the xbox side bar not just pausing.

1 Like

Wow, I managed to beat the bot swarm and get one.

2 Likes

I just wanted to chime in and say that I was able to get my order in on the 11/3 release date, received my VelocityOne on 11/16 and have been using in on the XBOX S. I have about 13 Hours SIM time using the VelocityOne and have been very impressed with no real issues or complaints.

I am a Student Pilot (little over 10 hours now) and have utilized MSFS to augment my real life training and cannot say enough good things about the benefit this has provided when training for maneuvers – having the yoke is night and day difference from just the XBOX Controller.

For full context I am using the VelocityOne primarily set for “single engine prop” and in MSFS flying Cessna 150 and 172. My primary goal is to focus my SIM time towards my real training. No disappointments.

3 Likes

Is there any news or expected ETA on an update for V1F on Xbx?
I’m loving the hardware it has so much potential but I’m really looking to find out when the warning lights and SIP will become fully functioning?

2 Likes

I’m liking mine so far but a couple of really annoying glitches that have only been happening since switching to my Velocity yoke. SU7 happened at the same time but I’ve not seen these issues mentioned regularly.

• Sudden loss of control about 10 minutes into flight. Usually going into a sudden right hand bank.
  • Twin-engine jets lose power shortly after take-off and crash.
    Both using the Single and twin engine default mapping.

I’m fairly new to Flight Simulator, getting the different functions sorted out for each type of aircraft is going to be a struggle.

Is there a workaround for the sticky yoke? Makes it difficult to land small aircraft.

Dave

Could this be the “Outside Air Temperature” live weather bug and not controller related?

Ah, that would make sense. Thanks Big Cow74, I’ll try it in a preset weather pattern see it that sorts it, I only usually fly with live weather.

Likewise. After trying for three weeks, got lucky this Monday and snagged one. UPS shows it’s on it way for delivery this Friday. Excited

1 Like

From what I’ve heard the stickyness will fade away with some use.

Mine does seem to be loosening up a little (or maybe just getting use to its’ quirks) but primarily I’ve found that with minimal “up” pressure on the yoke while making all the necessary small adjustments during landing (Cessna) really helps finesse the inputs.

Or are you pausing at all or pressing the xbox button. I couldn’t see if you were on PC or XBOX as I get a hard bank to the left or right as if my rudder is fully inputted or something and it becomes an uncontrollable spin as I fly at relatively low altitudes there’s not much time to correct. Usually happens also when AP is on and the game pauses or I hit the xbox button I’m not quite sure what’s causing what atm.

Edit link about the issue with vids Here

It’s so weird but I’m not experiencing the OAT bug and I’m using live weather. I was on yesterday with no issues as you can see here Picture here

“Glad” to read that there is someone else with the same steering issue i mentioned a couple days ago, too.

I already thought about having an hardware defect. The support asked me to hard reset the whole xbox - which, however, is not an option for me at the moment :expressionless:. In the meantime i still try to reproduce this behavior which is not related to incorrect profile settings for me.

However, I have custom sensitivity and dead zone settings and try to revert them for the next tests…

Interesting, that could be it, thanks Sarah.

I have been doing a lot of GA flying and I’m incredibly clumsy. I won’t be getting a proper pilots’ licence, you’ll be pleased to hear.

I’ve had my Velocityone since launch using Xbox. I’m enjoying it a lot but there are a number of known software bugs. When will there be fixes for these problems? I don’t have a PC (Mac) so will this be via a Xbox update? Hotas had a few fixes via this method.

@JCBPVertigo Customer Support have a calibration tool that will fix this, get in contact with them via this link and they can help you :slight_smile:

We do have a forum! it’s on Discord, there’s over 400 other V1F users there plus the dev team to help you out, and we do group flights, giveaways and other activities. We’d love to have you!

Unfortunately the bug you’re describing sounds like a known MSFS issue with GOTY update, I’ve seen similar reports from a number of other users on controller, V1F and other devices. Let us know if you find out any more info about it, I’m currently investigating.