Very abrupt weather (wind) transition. Erratic wind behavior (Still present after AAU 1)

4 Likes

Approaching EDDL today, METAR announced 13 kts winds and ATC announced 12 kts winds during final, but ND in my Fenix A320 reported winds from 40 kts at around 1000 ft and 35 kts just before touch down, and strong gusts… Almost crashed.

2 Likes

Flew into Tampa sim Metar and Fenix Gusting 14to20 Sim gives me 60 knots cross wind from 5000 all the way to the ground.

Next one is these crazy wind changes when Updating the weather is crazy in cruise I crashed yesterday almost 2 times because of AP diconnects. How we are going to fly long flights and cant´t walk away for a couple of minutes because the wind changes could crash my 12 hour flights ?

3 Likes

Bang on 16:00 Z and 17:00 Z every day, wind direction and speed change drastically and with no tranisition what so ever

2 Likes

Maybe/hopefully THIS update in SU12 could fix these issues!

" Date of METAR files is now checked before ingesting the data to avoid replacing current METARS with out-of-date METARS in case of CDN issues; this also reduces bandwidth usage"

And

“Fixed an issue where incorrect weather was injected while retrieving new data, potentially causing abrupt wind and pressure changes as well as cloud popping”

1 Like

Same exact scenario at Tampa last week. Violent wind gusts 60-80kts below 5000ft under clear skys. Nearly lost control on short final for no reason at all. Replayed same scenario without live weather and wind speed set to 3-5kts at ground level. No problems whatsoever. Plane practically landed itself. Go figure.

don’t really like to destroy your hopes, but I created a feedback during the beta… and of course due to the strict timeframe it has been released unfixed (just like other bug/regression what was noticed during beta). It has received a couple of upvotes, so I am still not alone with this observation
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/incorrect-weather-still-injected-abrupt-wind-pressure-is-not-potentially-fixed/578876?u=btdc00

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Our team is checking in and is curious if you are experiencing abrupt weather transitions and erratic wind in the latest builds (SU13 or SU14 Beta). Please feel free to provide your update.

Thank you!

I have done various flights both on the beta and on the live build, and haven’t had this issue on either.

Would say this is fixed for me on my end :slight_smile:

In SU13 I definitely had abrupt weather changes where the plane either swung or changed altitude.
Due to lack of time I had no chance to try SU14B yet.

1 Like

just minutes ago in the middle of the seamless cruise 16z I’ve got a sudden wind change, the autopilot got disconnected.
Issue still exists, SU14b

1 Like

Just hit this, dropped 2000ft in „10 milliseconds“. autopilot got confused and would not work again thus this problem is a cascading down to others.

Just had this now at 16:49z, horrendous change in speed and air pressure

Had very abrupt wind changes at high altitude (FL360) various times today crossing the US from JFK to LAX. So violent it kicks off the autopilot. Happened 3 separate times. On SU13 and of course using live weather.

2 Likes

Few minutes ago 16.50z new weather got injected. Autopilot disconnect, overspeed warning thanks to +20 knots and the altitude was sky rocketing…

1 Like

SU14 full release 17.22Z

Still occurring, happened just now:

Date: 09th December 2023
Time: 11:27z
Location: Europe over France between waypoints SOPIL and BALAN

Change in wind speed and pressure resulting in a loss of around 500ft as can be seen on the altitude tape

4 Likes

Also happened to me on SU14 (public release).

Date: 15th December 2023
Time: 09:54z and 11:04z
Location: North Atlantic Track near N40W050 and again near JAROM
Aircraft: Airbus A330-900neo
Route: Westbound to JFK

Outcome: sudden wind shift turned off autopilot and caused aircraft to turn left and make a 360 degree turn. Almost crashed on first turn. Happened again near JAROM.

Hopefully this can be fixed so I can do transatlantic flights peacefully :smiley:.

1 Like

This has just happened to me 3 times in the space of half an hour on a flight from LOWW-EGKk.
First one was around 1100z then 1120z and just now at 1130z.

Hadn’t had this for a long while but seems to be happening more often again

1 Like

This seems to be back. It’s happened a few times on my last couple of flights. Until now, I thought this was fixed. :frowning: