Very low FPS in France

Anyone else having this problem? I literally couldnt fly. i had like 5 fps…is about new landarmarks of Paris? unoptimized ? Anyone with this problem?

i7 - 9700K
32GB DDR4
RX 5700 XT 8GB
SSD 1TB

So it does start crossing the border?

What new landmarks are you talking about? The world update France is still a bit down the road…

That shouldn’t happen.
Default aircraft?
Did you have anything in your community folder?
If so, empty that and try.
Cached scenery could also be an issue, you could try emptying the Rolling Cache file.
Keep us up to date!!!

There are no “new landmarks” of Paris in any official sense. If you downloaded 3rd party scenery packs, then that would likely be your problem.

Otherwise, I don’t know what your issue could be.

I flew over Paris yesterday night with several types of aircrafts, and I met no troubles with fps drop :confused: (My hardware is less powerfull than yours)

Did you check if everything was okay with your connexion ?

To be fair even before the orbx landmarks paris add-on the fps would drop around paris anyway due to being such a dense area.

What Resolution do you use. I have 4k monitor and use render slider at 80 and see around 29 fps on I9-9900k and RTX 2070 both OC’d.

1 Like

I dont know whats wrong, if it is related with new landmarks of france that i bought, but my performance in France is really bad is -10 fps…is horrible, and before i could fly well…

Let me see if I understand this:

Before you bought the landmarks you had no FPS problems. After you bought the landmarks you do have FPS problems, but you’re not sure whether it has something to do with said landmarks?

2 Likes

why is he in need to open up a second thread? He already didn’t care to notice the numerous replies in his first one

5 Likes

As mentioned above, remove the “landmarks” package and try the sim.

CONFIRM that this addon is not causing the issue.

It would be helpful if you actually shared what it is you bought and installed (the France landmarks).

No…but southern France, French Riviera, Monaco etc looks really bad…roads looking like hanging over the cliffs, all twisted and distorted, not nice for below 2000 feet flying! frames are good otherwise but will not revisit the area before the upcoming update!

Hi,

I’m running on a quite “low-end” computer :

• I7-8700K
  • 64GB RAM
  • Nvidia GTX 1080 Founder’s Edition
  • dual screens IIyama 27" 2560x1440

and running MSFS in 2560x1440 full scrren, with all settings to Ultra and have 28-30 FPS over Paris with the Orbx Landmarks.

I have the mod “obstacles and VFR marker” of FranceVFR installed and I have no problem flying in France.
I fly all over France with the CJ4 and mod version v0.10.2.
I have no other mod installed apart from a few Airports.
my settings are those of CptLucky8 and they work very well apart from some stuttering to the taxi.
My PC I7 7700K GTX1080TI 32GO ram 3200 Screen 43 4k

There are 2 landmarks of Paris in Marketplace to buy, i bought, and i have very low fps in France now…but i will try to do a clean installation later and then i will check…is really weird :confused: … This game is a nightmare even with good pcs…

Uninstall the add-ons you bought first then test out to see if that fixes your performance issues. If not, then it’s something else.

Personally, I avoid Paris. Getting anywhere near CDG causes my frames to tank.

So you bought 2 landmark packages and you installed them both? This could be the cause. Only install one and see if there’s any difference.

To add to this: The next world update after the UK one will be France and BeNeLux.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.