VFR island hopping groupflight

Ufly Group flight event!
we will be hopping the Frisian islands, in The Netherlands and Germany, starting from EHLE and ending at EDXP, exact route and stops can be found on the ufly discord! link: discord.gg/QUDmbZ7ySx
this will be fully VFR, GA aircraft, with hopefully a lot of people!
hope to see you there and happy flying!

3 Likes

That sounds nice

well, feel free to join us!

I’m in. Just bought the scenery :slight_smile:

Is there a fllightplan? Discordlink is not working. Love to join the event tonight.

Is 23:00 germany time correct?
I would like to join, it is the first time multiplayer event for me…

1 Like

I think you get shown the time automatically according to your timezone in Windows.

This is what I see in the forum…

Yes I see the same thing. I am located in Germany with timezone Berlin as well.

Ok, but there is another post with link to this post…

new link: discord.gg/QUDmbZ7ySx

sorry, my bad, i meant to say 1900 UTC, which is 9 CEST, and i mixed it up, changed now

i mixed it up, time is 1900 UTC or 9 CEST

so, time has been updated to the correct time, sorry about that.
discord link should also now work.

flightplan can be found in the events channel in the discord, tell me if it still doesn’t work, then ill make one myself

Perfect, thanx. Looking forward to join you…

@robertlinke
In case you are not aware, we will probably encounter the new multiplayer bug discussed here: Mutli-player Stuttering after world update - Bug report.
I experienced this bug in a multiplayer flight yesterday which caused the event to be cancelled soon after it began.
The only way to avoid the problem that I can see is to ask everyone to use only Asobo aircraft ( no mods) with standard liveries.

Is this something we need to determine before we start?

Seems like default planes cause stutter too:

unless I’m mistaken and the x-cub isn’t default. Hopefully all will work out fine, because a tour over the Frisian islands sounds like a lot of fun

The X-Cub is indeed a default plane. However the common understanding seems to be that the issue is indeed related to custom liveries instead, as another group flight as “heuristically determined”:

• IF you are in an aircraft of type X
  • AND you have multiplayer enabled
  • AND another player is in the same aircraft type X
  • AND the other player has a custom livery Y
  • AND you don’t have custom livery Y installed
  • THEN it seems that this is causing a “periodic stutter”

This happens presumably for all players in the vicinity who are in that same aircraft of type X and who also do not have livery Y installed. Typically in a community fly-in players tend to have the same aircraft.

It is not clear whether the “culprit” (the one having custom livery Y on his/her aircraft X) is also experiencing the same stutterfest. This would be some kind of “denial of service” attack then. :wink:

Setting “multiplayer aircraft” to “generic” (in the settings) might help (not verified yet).

2 Likes

So if we just stick to default liveries in default planes, there shouldn’t be an issue? Good to know

According to the prevailing hypothesis, going with the default aircraft and liveries should fix things for now. We’ll see.

1 Like