VFR map and other panels slow to load, reset after being closed

Wow. Just realised it’s affecting all pop out panels.

Anyone remember SU5? A known issue was CTD when opening VFR map. Seems to be happening again.

Up vote above

1 Like

Yeah, I remember issues with the VFR map like this before - hope it’s something that can be sorted!

Topic has been moved to bugs and issues

1 Like

What is puzzling is why the beta testers did not pick this up? aren’t they suppose to test everything?

Same here…

Same here, slow to open and resets to full zoom each time.

maybe you apply next time and do it better?

Absolutely. A simple thing like that they should have picked it up.

it was picked up and reported!

1 Like

Maybe you should change the title to “every pop out panel resets after being closed” so more people can see it and vote?
From the VFR map to ATC to Navigraph panel, every pop out panel keeps resetting.

1 Like

That’s something that I noticed later. It’s true - every pop up panel resets after closing. If you leave any of them open, you will get to CTD due to memory leaks. I proved this to myself using task management. Open any pop up and watch your memory dwindle until CTD. I’m now forced to fly without opening any of them.

Please up vote this people. It’s serious.

Can moderator please change title to “All pop up panels” Or start separate thread with voting enabled. This is a serious matter where memory leaks are causing CTD if ANY pop up remains open for too long. Thank you

I’ve changed the title of the thread - haven’t experienced the CTD myself, but haven’t left the VFR panel open all that long.

I’m experiencing exactly the same although with no CTDs. But the zoom reset and slow load times are there for sure.
There also seems to be a problem with all pop up panels: for instance I’m not able to load Little Nav Map in a window as before. I understand this is a third party addon issue, but it seems generalized.

1 Like

I hope this will be fixed in a short time. Because it is annoying.

This was reported in the Beta. Can someone from Asobo please give an answer to why this was not addressed before the SU8 release? I love this sim, but these kind of weird bugs keeps popping up in each update, they are reported in the Beta and nothing is done with it before the release. I’m sure there’s a good reason for it, but it would be great to get an explanation :slight_smile:

I have also noticed it, its so slow you think you have not actually clicked on it to open!

Also in, Control Panel, when creating a Profile, the more Profiles you create the longer it takes to scroll between them.

PS try mapping anything to a controller - any controller. It seizes up for ages. I tried to get both CJ4 throttles to engage using a single throttle slider. Took 30 minutes to react.

same here with the ATC window, now really buggy/laggy…

This problem needs to be sorted out asap. It’s eating up memory. Where are you zendesk? I sent report 10 days ago.

1 Like