VFR Map Bug (stripes and coloumns)? See pics. Because of a Rex AccuSeason setting?

The maps look strange. What happened? A bug with the new update?

It seems that this bug only appears within Europe except UK, Ireland, Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Italy (below Bologna), Switzerland, Austria. It also seems that mountains within Europe (only higher ones) do not have this bug.

I’m not having any issues with the VFR map in the same area. One difference I did note is that I lose the airspace boundaries when I’m zoomed out to 100NM like you are. The airspaces show up fine at 50NM for me. So there is something different going on.
Standard question… do you have any add-on’s, mods, sceneries, liveries, etc?? If so, try it without anything added and see what you get.
You might also just try a restart of the sim and see if it helps. Sometimes something just doesn’t load right the first time.
Regards

Just a quick thought - do you happen to have the Bijan seasons mod installed?

A long time ago now, but Bijan came up with an overlay mod to enhance the seasonal look and it produced errors like this.

You can still use the tree models and season mods - it’s just the extra overlay that causes the problem.

If you’re not using the Bijan mod, then perhaps you have a similar mod that alters the scenery?

I had the issue at every zoom level. I will test it now again to see if it was a one hot wonder. And yes like most iI have addons, mods, liveries etc. But how can a livery has such an impact on the VFR Map?

No I don’t. I even don’t know this mod. I use Rex AccuSeason, actually.

These were my last downloads before this bug appears.

And I applied some Winter Weather presets from Rex AccuSeason.

What makes me wonder, these I applied are still to apply. Tbh I think only Rex AccuSeason could have caused that bug.

And why the dlc from flightsim shows wrong version number in content manager, plus it can’t be removed/disabled via content manager?

You can see clearly it is version 1.1. while content manager says it is …

… 0.1.0!

Mountainous regions are not affected in Europe.

This was an issue in the Bijan program, and I believe that I read that it happens in Accuseason as well. Bijan was unable to fix it, and I’m not sure if Rex has tried or not. If you turn off terrain layering, it should go away. But, the seasonal colors also go away.

1 Like

Oh that’s bad. So I can choose between plague and cholera? Thanks for your hint.
But why only in Europe, and why not in mountainous areas like the alps?

I think the terrain layers are only in the United States, Canada, Europe, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Iceland for now. Not sure about the mountains.

The problem still exists and I have these ugly stripes also in Europe.