VFR Map changes zoom sometimes when turning a rotary switch with the mousewheel

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

Occationally, when the vfr map is open, sometimes it zoomes in and out together with the turning of a rotary switch in the cockpit with the mousewheel (eg. HDG knob)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight in VR (mosly noticed it during Bushtrips, as I use the vfr map the most there), open vfr map and move and zoom around in it a bit, then change the HDG or zoom of the map of the g1000 navi with the knobs in cokpit with the mouswheel.
I couldn’t pinpoint a curcumstance that always triggers it, but sometimes it just zooms the vfr map as well.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

using mouswheel in vr

Are you using DX12?

happens with DX11 and 12

Are you using DLSS?

no

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I can confirm this. Today I was flying the NX Cub and using the VFR Map. I was using the map to get an airport runway heading. I then moved my mouse to the heading bug to set it to the runway direction, using the heading rotary knob on the GPS unit, and as I used the mouse wheel to chage the heading bug, the heading bug did not move but the VFR Map was zooming in-and-out.

It didn’t happen every time and when it did happen I could click on an empty space in the cockpit to allow the mouse to work the heading bug again.

I don’t understand because you could do that before. You had to click on the map window before zooming and click back on the screen before adjusting anything. Are you saying the mouse keeps losing it’s focus?

For me it was not like that. It would turn the rotary and change the course, but at the same time zoom the vfr map.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I experience exactly the same occurance. I can stop it by double clicking on the border of the vfr map.

Moved to #bugs-and-issues:virtual-reality.

Fixed in Sim Update 12.