VFR Map is blank

Give it a few min and try to zoom in a bit, sometimes it seems like it takes awhile for it to populate.

I had an add-on that conflicted with it and I saw that issue. Alas, it was early in the beta and I can’t remember what it was. Try the sim with your community folder empty and see if the maps works for you. (EDIT: As @BanKhokklan says, it was the GTN750)

Remove the PMS50 GTN750 if you have it, and your map will be back.
Of course it can be some other mod to creating a conflict, but for me it was the GTN750.

2 Likes

That’s what it was! I actually found a beta release of the GTN750 that works with SU10. Alas, the PMS50 page doesn’t reference it (I think I found the link in the GTN750 topic here?) but there is a beta version here that might be what I downloaded: GTN750 BETA

Yup, you need the PMS50 version for SU10. All this info is available on the PMS 50 Discord.

When using a major mod like the 50, always worth joining their Discord even if you only check it for announcements.

After installing SU10 the new VFR map stays empty. No content is showing at all, only “North up” and “80nm”. Anyone else?

3 Likes

Do you have any mods installed? Try disabling those.

If you have the PMS50 GTN750 file, delete that and try to reproduce.

5 Likes

Thanks. It’s indeed the PMS50 GTN750 mod that caused the problem.

2 Likes

Just update the GTN750 package to the latest version (2.1.44)
More generally, always update your mods after a sim update.

3 Likes

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No(the only one that i use is navigraph data)

Brief description of the issue:

The vfr map are not working since i updated to SU X

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://i.imgur.com/UJ2S0ey.png

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Any flight when you open the VFR map

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Do you have any mods installed? Try disabling those.

If you have the PMS50 GTN750 file, delete that and try to reproduce. Then check the addon for updates.

1 Like

I see this when I open the Map window, anyone else?
2022-09-21 20_59_31-Greenshot

1 Like

Here too, updated GTN750 and the VFR Map works now. thanks

1 Like

Thanks was having this issue as well

2 Likes

all of a sudden the Microsoft flight sim in game pop up map stopped working it is just blank . does anyone else have this problem?

There has been at least 4 topics on this. If you have PMS50 you should grab the newest version.

The problem I have that I’ve not seen anyone else mention yet is if I zoom out and a lot of the little airport markers are visible (the pink and blue circles), my FPS plummets to 15! Only happens when those circles are added a bit after the map appears.

The problem I have since the update is that I can’t zoom out…the map is stuck at 5nm.
The mouse scroll wheel works everywhere else and this happens with an empty community folder so it’s not a mod.

oh wow, I have not seen that

PMS50 has an update to fix this issue
assuming this is the issue