VFR Map with live position of my friends

So i can See where my buddies are :wink:

For a mutliplayer experience & group coordination.This seems like a logical step to include this info once they implement the multiplayer aspects of the game ,ties in with this topic

& this topic

& this latest topic

1 Like

Iā€™ve been talking about this very subject to others. Without a map such as LittleNavMap or FSTramp where you can see where your friends are and you can easily identify them you cannot act as an ATC, it is because of this problem many who I know will not change to flying MSFS. It really needs addressing by Asobo. Iā€™m not bothered about seeing AI traffic itā€™s the real people I want to see on a mapping program.

2 Likes

I think being able to track friends on map is indeed a prerequisite to be able to give ATC control into player hands.
There also need to be rules for taking control of ATC,so those who do get penalty/reward based on how they regulate things at the ATC
Otherwise they could just troll players by never giving them clearance etc.

Saw my little niece playing a traffic regulating game ,which might inspire to make a fabulous ATC system similar traffic game as the one my niece was playing
Maybe allowing players who regulate ATC to speak can be awesome,or maybe immersion breaking if they dont follow the appropriate commands or have annoying voiceā€¦If its regulated with lights that trigger the hold/clear giving,that could be bypassed,so the commands would still be azura voiced,but player regulated.There would be need of a system that keeps the ones in control of ATC in check to keep it pleasant for everyone I suppose.

ATC regulated by players would also have advantages for sure,like if the AI gets messed up not triggering/showing the landing request option, the ATC player can contact & help/guide a plane by clicking on it or so if it keep going around & taxiing to parking not triggering would be a thing of past too with a player controlled ATC

If Iā€™m correct your suggesting ATC is AI. That is not what I mean, Real people do the ATC but to do that they need a mapping program that can see all pilots and be able to identify them.

1 Like

Yea,not only friends would need to be visible to the real person in control of ATC,all players would need to be visible to that person. I guess a score for the one in control of ATC would need to be there for how promptly/well they regulate air traffic. Maybe even a penalty can be linked to causing accidents or making a mess of it .LIke the penalty you have in MMO for abandoning dungeons ,x amount of time not allowed to take control of ATC if you do a bad job at it. After making a mess of it 3 times a longer time out.Or even permanent if you keep making a mess of it.
At least I feel like doing a bad job at it should be penalized. After doing a bad job at it once,the game might suggest you do the tutorial without penalty.But more than 3 times making a mess of it ā€¦
Might not be fun for the ones who are at the airport if the ATC player is doing a bad job at it.
Not sure this is the solution,but Iā€™m sure there needs to be some kind of checks & balances if the control is to be given into player handsā€¦As taking control of ATC is a huge responsibility.
Maybe only pilots of a certain level can take control of ATC to ensure no new players can mess it up.
Or perhaps it would be mandatory for players to ā€œgraduateā€ the ATC tutorial first,before being allowed to take control of one.
& maybe after players do a bad job at it for several times they would need to pass a difficult ATC stress test /hard mode tutorial at a busy airport in order to be able to take control of it again.

The group I fly with several times a week have a pool of well trained ATCā€™s they take it in turns to do the job, sometimes when we have a lot of aircraft on two ATCā€™s are needed so do things like changing radio from say Ground to Tower then later changing to Central until they get to the destination and change to Approach and finally Tower then ground.

hmm i guess there could be a difference between taking control over an ATC for all passing,incoming/outgoing traffic.
Or just controlling ATC for personal benefit,where only you & the friends gain the advantage of having a player in control of ATC for smooth transitions.
If its ATC just amongst friends ,I guess it can be instanced & there is no need for rules.
But if taking control of ATC affects all passing players,obviously there would need to be checks & balances.
Judging from the topic name ,I guess you actually mean to have ATC amongst friends,not open world player controlled ATC

My son has cracked the problem of seeing friends aircrafts with labels on LittleNavMap, If you want to see your friends with identity labels when flying go toā€¦ Virtual Flight Online Transmitter

@ForelleKarton52 Have you checked out this in SU10? Friends and others in MP are now visible,

1 Like