Videos with 11900K MSFS Benchmarks

I’m sorry, but your argument about cores doesn’t hold up in the flight sim world. The point is, it does not matter how many cores your cpu has for flight simulator. The most ideal cpu for flight sim would be a 4 core HT off clocked at 7 ghz.

1 Like

It is not just about cores, and DX12 might change it over time, but the fact that people are downgrading, even compared to MSFS benches. Sure, if you want to turn a blind eye to the 1440p bench running MSFS, where the 10900K has better FPS than the 11900K, it is your prerogative, but some people should have the choice to see it.

That’s not hard to understand. Again, I’m not writing this to you or anyone else that is itching to buy a new CPU no matter what, but to people that don’t want to waste money and end up with a lemon having less two cores. Then they can go deeper in their research and make their minds if it is worthy or not.

And no matter what, I would never downgrade my cores. Lots of people stream and record videos in simulators. Absolutely no reason to lose 2 cores for nothing in this case.

1 Like

People are talking About upgrading their series 10 to 11

And im still with my 2600k @4.8ghz :joy::sob:

I am excluding Zen3 cpu’s since it is between 10900K and 11900K.

• You can buy a High End Tier I MoBo around 350$ + 400-450$ for 10900k.
  • Same Tier I Mainboard is around 500$ for 590. Lets say you found 11900K MSRP 550$. And this CPU is = 5800x in AMD lineup.

Funniest story of 2021 came from Intel… You are gonna pay funny amounts to a dead platform which uses really old technology, yet it would get slapped in multicore by AMD’s 2020 Q3-Q4 Cpu’s, and their own 10900K CPU by Price/Performance. Then it will keep surprising you by using 300 watts underload.
Of course if you dont care about anything and want to see +3 FPS more @4K. You can get 11900K. It is your money after all. This cannot change the reality how bad this CPU is. Hope to see Intel back to its days.

What happens with Intel is that it is a refined platform. Real sensors on the cores, metal backplate, no pin arrangement like AMD, which is awful, no motherboard bugs and other bugs and a good driver support.

AMD might be ahead now with the 5000 series, but it is still a cheap / mainstream CPU with a plastic socket (Kinder Egg) and a pinout that you risk losing your CPU every time you replace your thermal paste. Perhaps not experienced riggers, but casuals for sure.

In other words, I rather lose in some benches but having a pro CPU that won’t cause me problems with my work. Perhaps for a gamer you can live with the bugs and instabilities. The same way with AMD GPUs. In Il-2, every update messes up AMD drivers.

Thanks but no thanks. Perhaps when AMD gets 30% more IPC it is worthy the try.

Haha i feel you mate. Im sitting with a 6700k, and a 980 gfx. Got the money to upgrade, but cant settle on which cpu to buy tho :smiley:

Personally, I feel like if you have an 8700K or newer, you should be fine even with a 3090 as long as you overclock. An 8700K @ 5.2 will perform basically as well as a 10900K @ 5.2 in MSFS (which should perform similar to an 11900K) since both use Skylake cores.

1 Like

Aehhhm, sorry, I dont see this.
First, the flights are not exactly the same. 11900k is roundabout 100 meters in front right from the start. So geometry load differs. If you look at the same point (e.g 0,29nm to airport sign at 0.33m) both are at 54fps.
Second, there are some points when the 11900k is in front (e.g. 1.26m, 60 vs 58 or 0.11m, 52 vs 33)
Third, frametimes are more constant on 11900k. Unfortunately 1%low and 0,1%low are not shown.

And: 10900k runs @ 4,90Ghz all core, not default!!! 11900k is not shown. Häääää???

For what reason ever, HT is on (pointing to other applications that benefit from HT is pointless, we are talking about msfs, nothing else). TPV, why? Played SOTTR and AC for to long? Pilots use to sit IN the cockpit.

What applications running in the background?

My conclusions:
This video is not very meaningful. Gently said.
11900k@?.??Ghz on eight cores is (almost) as fast as 10900k@4,90Ghz-allcore on ten. Newer cores are faster - probably good for msfs.
Nobody is forced to buy an 11900k. 10900k is fine too.

Beside this: 1,5GB more ram is used for the 10900k system!?

I agree 100% here beside even +30% ipc on an amd is not enough to heal the trauma.

Interesting.
Even if the MOBO Socket is made out of cardboard, why an inexperienced user change Thermal Paste? Lets say they decided to change it, why they remove CPU out of the socket especially when you clean it properly? Also it is so easy to find high end (non conductive) thermal paste like NH-2, MX series, Artic, Kryonaut etc and at the same time it is ultra easy to apply it? Also most pastes work great 3-5 years. Please stop giving false information, from wrong practices.

Anyways return back to topic. In a scenario where i can buy 10900K with this price range, my opinion about 11900K will not change. It is a waste of sand. (some of the review guys used same sentence too). Of course as i always say, it is your money, your hobby, you choice. You can be an intel enthusiast or you want to prepare for RTX IO then go for Rocket Lake or as you said you do not like AMD and want to use intel. This does not change the fact that 11900K is little upgraded 10900k with 2 less cores which consumes same power and heats more, but sold 100$ more by intel. I generally try to comment for people who does not have unlimited budget. Same applies here.

I cant comment & care about AMD GPUs since i have always been a nvidia owner (except few cards they released during ATI years).

As platform, i dont know how old are you but people who remember Athlon 64 (thanks to AMD for 64bit) years and Nvidia chipset times remember how things can change, Intel was doing same stuff increasing Mhz. AMD was selling its top CPU for 1000$… Years later Intel was surfing with i7,i9 etc while AMD trying to survive with a trash CPU called Bulldozer. Now AMD leading again (either we accept it or not) Long story short i dont care Intel or AMD, who gives better option i go with it.

1 Like

The AMD’s socket problem is old and is commented in every forum. People were expecting AMD to give up on the pin configuration. They kept it. Just Treadripper went the Intel way and has a metal socket with the pins on the motherboard.

So in other words AMD was always sub par in several aspects. I did have AMD in the past. Once I went to Intel, I most likely won’t go back to AMD even if Intel keeps trailing on the benches.

This is why Ford still makes the V8 for people who don’t want to lose two cylinders.