View position wrong after switching to VR

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No, only got World updates AFAIK

Brief description of the issue:

My VR position is higher than it should be. Cockpit view has me above the aircraft. Pressing escape pops up the menu window but it is down by my feet inline with where my view should be. Even using VR on the home menu screen I am looking down at the screen. Recentre view still keeps me approx 4ft above where I should be viewing from. This is using Vive openXR on my headset. Switching to Steam openXR the display is correctly positioned but frozen on the monitor and I have nothing in the headset, just black screen.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://youtu.be/bg0ioeTbhdo

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Press CTRL+TAB to enter VR and my view is above where it should be

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 5 5600x, RTX3070Ti, HTC Vive Cosmos VR - using Vive openXR

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Have not played for a while so only just found this issue in the last few days

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Happens all the time. I just hit space to recenter

That just recentres me in the position above the wing. If I stand up and recentre, use the arrow keys to fully lower my view, then sit on the floor I can get my head just into the cockpit but mostly inside the wing if I sit up straight. I can’t fly sitting on the floor because I can’t reach my throttle and stick which are bolted to my desk.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes it is. Switching to VR brings me on top of the plane and reseting view does not help.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

This bug already occured some months ago and dissapeared after some times (patch ?).

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

New update of software released today for Vive VR. Should fix the centering issue

Vive software 2.0.22.6a

:crossed_fingers:

Just trying now. Vive VR software update to 2.0.22.6a. Always KO for me.
BR

Any news ? the problem is still here. Cannot play MSFS in VR since 15 days…
Thanks

The Vive update fixed the position bug for me. I am back in the cockpit. However the view in my right lens is great but the left lens was like a pixel kaleidoscope when looking towards trees. I shall try it again this evening and see if that was a one off weird effect

I have just tested and the 2.0.22.6a Vive software update did work. However I am getting a message in the Vive window that it has been disconnected from the server and to restart Vive. Could be caused by my super slow internet speed (less than 5mbps). I jumped in a DC3, Helicopter and did one of the Maverick challenges and all worked and tonight had none of the pixels messing about. I’m using the Vive Cosmos headset with Vive OpenXR and it all works for me now.

Hello,
I did 15 days ago the update to 2.0.22.6a and position were still KO as you know. Today, I completly remove Vive Console from my desktop and install Vive console for Steam VR with the last release (v2.1.22.6a) from Steam store. And now all is OK ! I can fly in VR as before, position is good as soon as I switch to VR.
Thanks a lot for your support !
Best regards