Virtualcol Model 99 released

It seems the batteries were sucking empty. The ignition switches are obviously not the reason . Are you sure the alternator (or generators) were switched on?

Generators are on. Like I said, I do fly a study-level King Air 350 in P3D, I do know how to operate turbo-props… But thanks for the suggestion. Something is awry here.

1 Like

Hi,
Which file can I modify torque and SHP?

Thanks

engines.cfg. Search for parameters. Best use Notepad ++

1 Like

I have installed it, the windows are grayed out. I hope there is a fix because I want to buy more.

If it’s cold outside, make sure you put window heat to high, and it will clear up the windows for you!

What I like about the hanger is it allows you to view your plane before you fly. When I viewed my Beechcraft 99 for the first time, I noticed the windows are black. I should be able to see into the cockpit. I will send a picture to Virtualcol, I hope to get it corrected.

Good luck. I have given up hope on anything those guys do. They put out one update and it didn’t address a lot of issues in their aircraft. Since then, they have been quiet. It’s a pretty junky aircraft right now. I hope to be proven wrong.

I tried to hold out hope but finally deleted it today. Saved 1gb or so

Lesson learned. Out 15$. But then again ive spent that on Taco Bell on occasion and quickly wished i hadn’t shortly thereafter

Least the 99 got a month in before i regretted it

Yeah, I have written this one off. It’s not happening. Stick a fork in Virtualcol. Garbage product.

So, an update is out. There is now a glass cockpit variant (selectable through liveries, which are not sized properly in thumbnails to fully display which variant you are selecting - you only see a tiny edge)

It boasts new textures (don’t see much improvement) and new sounds (they are MUCH worse than default ones before - they literally make NO sense. In cruise, the aircraft has practically ZERO sound so retracting flaps sounds EXTRA loud)…

They managed to take a stock Garmin 1000 and create a new cover for it which looks pretty bad comparing to the default one. They also couldn’t manage to make the Range knob work, so… they removed it altogether and you can’t adjust range. (That’s also documented)…

It also doesn’t seem to consume any fuel (no, I don’t have unlimited fuel turned on), even though Fuel Flow is proper.

The autopilot is really wonky in every mode it has, though if you trim this aircraft and get it stable, the autopilot will work… just needs a bunch of work, so don’t try to engage it when you aren’t in stable heading/attitude.

You judge for yourselves. Here are the pics. I think it’s worse than it was before.

2 Likes

I’ve mapped the default King Air sounds–as they suffer for sure!

Not too interested in glass cockpit, so I won’t be updating. Thanks for your note!

1 Like

Especially count the windows from the inside and outside :rofl:

I’ve been trying to do the same thing, can you share the secret

From one of our colleagues (note–you need to use the auto_json exe that is out and about.

If you know where each planes folder is, then:

Rename the Beech99 sound folder.
Copy the kingair sound folder and paste in the Beech99 folder.
Rename that kingair sound folder, if necessary, to be the same as the original Beech one was.
Now you need to make a new layout.jsn file to replace the existing one in the outer Beech99 folder.
I use MSFS Layout generator to do that. (auto_json is similar)

That should do it!

1 Like

Worked like a charm !!! Thank you. Now I just need to find where to turn up interior volume

1 Like

Boston,

You’re definitely the forum’s top critique so I trust your reviews. I’m glad you’re still giving this product attention. I want this to be fixed more than anyone as a 500hr CFII applying to Ameriflight. I’d like to know what I’m getting in to. With what you said I think updating will be hazardous…

Shameful the devs are downgrading. I hope this product get more attention in the coming months

1 Like

I mean, it flies better than before. But all this other stuff is just so bad… the sounds yank you right out of the experience. Plus that ugly cockpit. It’s just a non-starter for me… I am sorry. I wish I could like it more.

I’m trying to like it but I feel like they sold me a half finished product. All the livery’s thumbnails are the wrong size. Its hard to pick a cockpit and the avionics are not clear. The switches work kind of? Start up switches I’m talking about. The Garmin and gauges are all hard to read. I can barley see the engine controls. Power is weird on take off and l haven’t bounced a landing at 110knts once. I’ve never piloted one in real life. I have worked on a bunch and done a lot of check rides. This sim airplane needs work. I was hoping it was better but it just doesn’t perform.

1 Like