Visible co-pilot in first person view

I like this one! thanks!
But If used with A32NX Version5.0 for A320neo,
only the left wiper is working.
Also, the wiper cannot be operated.

Up!
This totally deserve more votes to be implemented in the core sim.

2 Likes

Great idea, on x-plane it has a first official with a very good quality.

The thing about MSFS20 copilot is that, it’s decently detailed and animated to begin with. If you look at the external cam, you can see both pilots are actually animated. They don’t do anything much, of course. But you can see their heads are always looking to the side, scanning, looking down, then back up.

I don’t think we’re asking for anything much in terms of re-creating or adding new animations. I think it’s enough if we can get the exact same model and animation coming from the external camera, and put it directly to the co-pilot seats. And playing the same animation. There’s no need for now to add new animations. Just use the same one.

We probably only need a higher res-texture. But that’s it, no need for new models, no need for new animations. Use the existing models and animations, place the higher resolutions and let it sit there in the cockpit scanning with their heads and eyes.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if this is what you’re talking about, but, the LOD1 (vs LOD0) cockpit limitation of the current addon that adds this feature I’m pretty sure is a limitation of MSFS, in that, my bet is, that to automatically turn off the manikins, they just make it so they can’t be turned on with LOD0, which is what we normally see when we’re in the cockpit. So, to turn them on, they get loaded with LOD1, which is the LOD that is loaded when you are outside the aircraft, IOW, a quick way of turning them on and off, but it limits the ability to turn them on with LOD0… currently…

I’m not sure of this. Looking at the difference between LOD0 and LOD1 files (kdiff3 or similar) regarding pilots is the addition of the following:

{
     "translation": [
     ],
     "rotation": [
     ],
     "scale": [
     ],
     "name": "PILOT_0"
  },
  {
     "translation": [
     ],
     "rotation": [
     ],
     "scale": [
     ],
     "name": "PILOT_1"
  }

And maybe some entries for the animations.

In other words, they’re adding the pilots in LOD1 because it is the lowest LOD when viewed from outside, and no pilots in LOD0 because it is the only LOD when viewed in cockpit, but there is nothing preventing displaying the same models in LOD0 in my opinion.

1 Like

Cool, that’s great! I was only repeating what the developer said.

update: I’ve been trying another and easier approach which is working the same in the end, but is using the latest models regardless of any future updates:

[TIP] Much better flying with a first officer

An intelligent co-pilot, or even pilot, would be amazing! It would add greatly to immersion. Let’s see this happen ASOBO!

This would be a really fantastic addition! The current co-pilots are detailed enough and animated really well. If it was introduced with a simple toggle it wouldn’t upset anyone who wanted to fly alone either.

I really enjoyed the mods for truck simulator which added a passenger, it was nice to have some company along for the ride. It seems like a wasted opportunity here to have such detailed and well animated models already in the game and forcibly remove them from first person view.

1 Like

+1

The other day I was flying the CRJ and the K350 in VR.

Because it is easy to just turn around and look behind, it would have been nice seeing passengers seated in the cabin based on the weight & balance settings as well!

For anyone interested I have created a mod to implement this feature. Probably still needs some more testing but try it out and see how you go!

and if you want to dig further:

I’ve posted the recipe here:
Complete description of how to add a copilot in the C152

And the values for adding:
A passenger in the CJ4 cabin!

Yes it would be nice. Perhaps they were put in there but then all became stunt people like this screenshot from a multiplayer trip (I saw 2 other aircraft with legs dangling from them!)

1 Like

Happened to me twice in the 747. First time was decently well drawn, though not as good as the avatars we select. The second was of lesser quality. This happened in December. On the airliners, there is an identifier plate. The artists put their initials there. I sent the screenshot of the co-pilot and the initials to Microsoft. They tracked it as an “internal bug.” My interpretation is that some of the developers were screwing around. and yes, it gave me quite a start, too. And then “poof” she was gone.

Judging by the demand for modification

I suggest developers add functionality for showing / hiding pilot and copilot models in the cockpit of all aircraft.

The implementation will not amount to huge labor costs and can be added to Options -> General -> Misc to enable or disable showing models as desired.
As example see screenshot. Variation: None, Pilot, Co-pilot, Pilot & Co-pilot

1 Like

Looking at the various mods already appearing for this, it doesn’t look like something that would be too hard to implement as you say. This is something I would definitely like to see.

This thread has quite a few votes for the same topic:

1 Like

Oh. Thank. I miss this topic

They’re getting hard to find!

Thanks for the mod by the way - excellent!

Can you put in head my example solution in post 27? If i correctly understand =)