Volanta not connecting to msfs

Hello, I have a really annoying problem with Volanta. A few days ago I reinstalled Windows and accordingly MSFS and Volanta. For some inexplicable reason, Volanta no longer wants to connect to the flight simulator. I am writing to you because all possible solutions I have received in the Volanta Discord as well as from the support have not helped and the support has not answered me for more than 4 days now.

I have already tried the following things.
→ reinstalled all necessary plugins
→ reinstalled volanta
→ reinstalled simconnect (tip from Discord)
→ cleared the community folder except for the Volanta plugin

None of these things helped and I’m really desperate. It seems like Volanta just doesn’t realize that the simulator is running. I would be very grateful if someone could help me.

Greetings Etienne

Turn off AV software.

Thank you for your answer. I have not installed any AV software other than Windows Defender. Before I installed Windows, it was running normally so why would that cause the problem? But I tried it and Volanta still won’t connect, thanks anyway

Have you checked the log files?

By default they are in

C:\Users\YourProfile\AppData\Roaming\Volanta\logs

2 Likes

1 Launch MSFS as administrator.
2 Select default TBM 930
3 Launch Volanta as administrator
4 Go to settings > general
uncheck

• minimise volanta to tray on close
  • launch volanta on login

4 Add new aicraft (default TBM 930)

5 Fly

6 Close MSFS and Volanta.
7 Delete volanta log file.
Click “start” and type

%appdata%\Orbx\Volanta\logs\

press Enter

Delete file named volanta.log

8 Launch MSFS as administrator.
9 Select default TBM 930
10 Launch Volanta as administrator
11 Fly from A to B
12 If volanta not tracking - close msfs and volanta
13 Download simconnect
Download Simconnect

14 Unpack - open folder XPACK - install SimConnect

15 Restart PC

16 Launch MSFS as administrator.
17 Select default TBM 930
18 Launch Volanta as administrator
19 Fly

1 Like

Thank you very much. I have read through the log files and found that two plugins are loading one x64 and one x86. I noticed that the x86 plugin failed to load when Volanta started. When starting the simulator you could see that Simconnect was set to “False” and Volanta tried to load the x86 plugin at least 20 times, which of course also failed. Volanta then tried again and again but the connection to the sim was never established due to the plugin not loading.

I then checked whether the Visual C++ Redistributable x86 was installed and saw that it was indeed missing. I then installed it from the Microsoft site and it actually worked. It was just not installed after the reinstallation of windows. Thank you very much, I should have realized much earlier to look at the log file and I can finally use Volanta again.

4 Likes

Hey, I have the same problem, but I am not able to solve it and both Plugins are installed. On my old computer it worked without any problems but now nothing I try, helps to solve the problem. I would be sooo thankful, if somebody could help me! My discord is Eliteschwabe#8074