Volumetric Lighting Effects Gone in VR

This for me is the worst bug in VR?! it was excellent before.

1 Like

I noticed this tonight, another item to add to the list that’s broken since SU7 when it worked perfectly fine before.

Attention to details, acting on bugs and quality control is MIA with this lot, immensely disappointing.

I am stunned how often can stuff like this happen…
Again and again after every update, this and also the rain ice issue in VR, unbelievable.

Having this issue too…fog and clouds do not longer reflect landing lights strobe lights etc

+1 here no volumetric lights in VR anymore.

Seriously, I am literally pi****d off right now!
VR Toolbar broken, Lights broken, AntiAliasing on Displays is a Mess since Day one and presently broken in menus, performance is not great as well atm…

I don’t know where the focus at Asobo is right now, but considering the fact, that even other very basic areas of the sim, not related to VR, are broken as well, the Reno DLC and policy to gain Money through the Store with Air Races must be higher prio than weather, Navdata, Autopilot,VR etc etc.

Sad story here!

1 Like

Any update on this very important topic?

2 Likes

Hi has anyone noticed any slight improvement on this in latest patch?

Nope, it’ll be fixed in SU8.

In SU8 Beta, I am getting partial volumetric lighting. Full volumetric shafts in the right-eye, but only partial shafts in the left eye…creating a choppy, diamond-like pattern when viewing with both eyes. For me this is occurring on the A32NX in heavy fog or clouds, looking over my left shoulder at the left wing flashing strobes. Can anyone confirm?

i9-10900KF 3090 Aero

Yes same problem in all planes.

1 Like

@BoeingCaptan @paisl3ypark
Please share a video in the SU8 forum topic - was asked by mod team

1 Like

Same here with Valve Index.

Disappointed to see this problem wasn’t fixed before SU8 went final. :confused:

1 Like

Bug is listed as “fixed” in the release notes, clearly there’s some misinformation and miscommunication going on (…) that needs looking at, not to mention the bug itself.

1 Like

Same here with Rift s very disappointing, every update there is a problem. How dose Asobo do this.
I mean its in your face clear as daylight and they said it was fixed.

Exactly this. Very annoying. Also distant horizon shader (or related) problem with left and right eye.

It’s incredible, no volumetric lightning yet and windshield reflections doesn’t work anymore too. VR users suffering as always. Waiting to SU9 now…no words.

4 Likes

If that can cheer you up, Volumetric Lightning is now also broken for 2D users :thinking:

But it’s fixed, they said so in the changelog :lying_face:

Working in the Quest 2

It’s not (I’ve a Quest 2), it’s broken for everybody :thinking: Maybe you didn’t see it.
They actually changed the status of the issue from Fixed to Started.