VR and Honeycomb users

Got my honeycomb in. First off, wow what a piece of hardware for $250. The pitch control is about dead on a real life C172. Roll is a little light but its light years from the stick I’ve been using for years.

What are other VR users binding their buttons to?

I like the trim where it is by default, I like A/P disconnect where it is.

I am using left trigger button as re-center VR view, right white button as on/off VR mode.

I am wondering what people are using the right top white button and the hat switch for?

I do the same as you except right white button switches between cockpit and external view, left white button recenters the view (left trigger re-centers vr view) and then I use the hat button to look left or right or behind or down which is mostly useful in external view for sightseeing easier and I hate turning 180 degrees in my chair to look around in VR.

Thanks did not think about using it for external views. I think I’ll use left white button next to the hat switch to toggle to external then set up the hat switch like you have it.

One day when we can walk around outside the plane the hat switch will be super useful for doing that!

Only thing I can add is that I use the Red button on the Right to activate Push-to-talk, as I use VoiceAttack.

Jim-Sim

Mine are fairly simple:

Left trigger: Open ATC Menu
Left White Button: VoiceAttack Push-to-talk
Left HAT Up: Cockpit zoom
Left HAT Down: Recenter View

I believe everything else is default.

1 Like

I also have the Bravo so on the Alpha I have the left trigger button set up as sort of a “shift button” that changes the function of some of the buttons on the Bravo throttle.

For example if I press the AP button on the Bravo, that obviously turns on the AP, but if I press my “shift” button and then hit the AP button, it actually engages the yaw dampener. I have several other shift modifier buttons set up like changing the active FMS when I hit my shift button+the NAV button on the Bravo.

Using Spad.Next for control mapping. Well worth the $30 and also fixes the airspeed/altitude increment issue.

I have the left top white button mapped to “VR zoom”

I have the left trigger white button + the knob on the bravo AP set to adjust the sim rate up and down.

Still thinking of new combinations.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty cool idea to combine the buttons like that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.