VR Camera compression/bending(Oculus S)

I have no idea if it’s just me, but when loading into FS2020 VR mode, anytime I look around, while in game or just on the menu, the screen seems to get smaller or larger when I look around. Looks like it’s compressing the image anytime I look a tad bit away. It really ends up making me feel sick, which is unusual since I’m an experienced VR user and I don’t ever get “Motion sickness” while playing, not even on other VR plane “games”/“Simulators”. It’s just the turning that makes the whole experience quite bad. Any fix for this?

This happened to me on the Rift S when I was using the SteamVR as active OpenXR runtime. Changed to use Oculus in regedit and it fixed it.

Right-click on your Start menu and select Run

Type in “regedit” (without quotations) and hit Enter.
This will launch the Registry Editor

Locate the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenXR\1

For ActiveRuntime change its value to the one that matches your platform (note: default path is shown below):

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\oculus_openxr_64.json

Close the Registry Editor

I would also recommend using the Oculus Tray Tool and forcing ASW to 30 Hz. The auto and adaptive modes both had lots of stutters.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.