VR Controller support is missing. Please add in addition to 3D mouse

As @ogu1271 says, everyone has their own ‘essential’ features they want to see added. So by all means make an impassioned plea for the feature in your posts, but please keep your opinions out of the topic title for wishlist items, it’s not the place for them (how would the list look if everyone did that?). The number of votes a wishlist item receives is the measure of how important something is to the community, not how strongly worded OP chooses to title it.

I see that ‘absolutely’ has been removed from the title, please just name it “VR controller support”, you’ll make it much easier to vote for.

1 Like

You’re dangling a vote over wording? keep your vote, VR controller support is a must they are cutting corners not providing it.

NO!
I understand where you are coming from but NO!
VR should not even be a consideration at this stage of the sims development.

ALL development should be focused squarely on getting the core functionality right first!
Any appeasement at this stage to the VR fraternity is only watering down this concentration of effort.

Addendum.
Be nice guys [noun. Informal. Non gender specific].
You posed the question and I am allowed to express my opinion.

Barks NO then asks for us to be nice. :roll_eyes:

Please don’t speak for me saying be controller support is essential.

It is anything but. A roller ball mouse in my simpit is far more preferable than fumbling for wherever I left my vr controller.

5 Likes

Not barking, just emphatic.
My apologies, however, if that is too strong for you!

You know the VR community has gained a negative reputation amongst many others for being unreasonably demanding, right? You are not helping.

Yes. Wording matters.

3 Likes

I’m not married to the word, I’m not sure why people react to it so passionately. Anyway, because several people didn’t like the actual “essential” part, while agreeing in principle, I removed it from the subject. Done.

1 Like

then it’s essential, wording matters. Unreasonably demanding?!? how is it unreasonable to expect your full VR setup to work in… gasp… VR. I’m not going to bow down to your demands of fixing wording, it’s essential plain and simple to those of us that expect our controllers to actually control something. Don’t expect us to not be ■■■■■■ about it and demand we tone ourselves down.

Peace, guys. I was so disappointed by the video I did use strong expressive words, but the new subject also says what I want it to say. If that will get more people to vote, I don’t mind. That said, I do think it’s essential. And I don’t agree about the priorities. I cannot fly without VR period. VR killed fliat-screen simming and gaming for me. So until there is no VR this sim is unusable for me. Flat screen looks like watching TV instead of being there, which is what VR is. So VR in my book comes before all other fixes and features by importance. Of course my priorities are mine. Some don’t need VR at all, and some are happy with a mouse…

2 Likes

I only speak for myself, never said otherwise. People may choose to agree or not.

Very fair. And a good reposte.
On this one, we will just have to disagree [although, happily, we have been agreeable about it]. Haha.

Regards.

This is a real immersion winner, when this is supported for all VR Headsets in the future, to switch everything in the cockpit. Even clickable menus with controller would be a very nice addition. Fiddling with mouse will be a real immersion killer in my opinion.

1 Like

Agree 100% with the OP, as a streamer who only flies with controllers I would like to see this up to the same standard as the other sims. I am however grateful to get VR so early after release however strongly believe controller support goes hand in hand with VR

5 Likes

Grow up. It’s like a children’s playground on here.

2 Likes

I can’t believe this is true.
A VR flight simulator without controller support is not a flight simulator.
I stop to use it for next year.
I hope that each of you do the same thing and don’t buy any addons anymore.
Stop.

2 Likes

then feel free to see yourself out of the sandbox

No, there is no reason to boycott the sim. This would be all right if they just released it in the next update - possibly Asobo was rushed to release SOME VR support by Christmas but weren’t able to get all features in. It would be nice if they said so though, and confirmed controller support release soon (or gave ETA). This post is to raise their awareness that this feature is important, there is high demand for it and it should not be ignored, that’s it. No need for drastic measures or blaming Asobo for it. I could not help being disappointed by the lack of controller support for video, but they do have a lot on their plates, so it’s understandable, as long as this is coming soon, which I wanted to attract the attention to.

1 Like

Have a good Christmas.

I second that controllers are needed but at this point just happy to get VR support. It should have released with it. I waited to buy till support had a release date for VR. I flew Alpha and Beta and loved the sim but couldn’t bring myself to actually buy until VR was implemented. After flying VR pancake just doesn’t cut it