VR Controller support is missing. Please add in addition to 3D mouse

what i’m really surprised at is the plethora of people who assume those who say “we’re okay using the mouse” is really saying “use the mouse and just deal with it.” Most of people on here (and other threads) who say “the mouse works just fine” usually don’t have a problem with those who want to use VR controllers. In fact i see more VR controller advocates talking down to mouse users than anything.

Use the mouse
or
Use VR controllers (if they add them)
Just worry about yourself :smiley:

FWIW, I almost am considering Xplane solely for the VR experience. However the graphics of FS2020 really keep me playing (if it weren’t for the CTDs)

I don’t think those assumptions are wrong in most cases. Most people who say “but I’m OK using the mouse” in this topic (as opposed to saying it somewhere else) say that as a counter argument to my topic subject. Which means this is their counter argument for me saying “we need VR controller support” (note, I never said ALL VR users need that. Just a lot of us) They are saying “but we don’t. I’m OK with the mouse and I actually prefer it”. Otherwise why would they object to this vote? Why would they participate and argue their point? They should not care at all, as they are happy with the mouse as it is. It is us who are not happy without the controllers.

So while it’s perfectly OK to prefer the mouse and say “I prefer the mouse”, saying it here in contradiction to this topic automatically means for it will be an assumed objection to the topic, and invitation for an argument, unless specifically described as not being one. Pure logic.

As some have articulated it further, saying their objection is for us to try and “steal” the Asobo’s priorities from fixing performance to the “unneeded” VR controller support, or not “wasting time” on adding features they don’t need (because they are “OK with the mouse”). And so it’s OK to argue the importance of VR controllers and deficiencies of a mouse, or vise versa, as long as it’s respectful and civil. But it would be strange to expect for those people not to assume that “mouse” guys are here to argue their point that is somehow contrary to our point.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I’m not “talking down” to anyone. While some people just don’t know the great experience of a full VR experience, and thus can be persuaded to try, or explained about why other people really desperately want this feature, others are really more comfortable with the mouse or are not looking for a full VR experience or full immersion at all - just for a “Track IR” replacement. That’s all OK. But it’s also OK to argue the importance of controller support and its significance.

3 Likes

Put me on Team “Mouse is OK for now but would prefer controllers.” I’d much rather have VR with mouse pointer than no VR at all. Even VR controllers are merely a step toward full haptic finger control.

1 Like

Go start a new topic “We only need Mouse support. Do not support VR controllers” and argue your point. Or maybe start a topic “If I WAS IN CHARGE these would be my priorities” and preach to the masses your plan for MSFS development.

did you even read what i said?

I can agree with that. Yes, it was better to release early without controllers, than not to release any VR. But the right way to do that would be announcing that VR controller support is coming soon, and for now you can enjoy VR with the mouse. The silence on that point is very worrying… Hence the vote in this topic, to raise Asobo’s awareness that there is demand for this feature.

1 Like

You’re right, of course. I would love to see even a little statement of intent from Asobo. Meanwhile, I have submitted my vote in favor of VR controller input.

1 Like

This didn’t make it to today’s top wishlist items… Need more votes…

3 Likes

I get u and totally agree 100% and upvoted but plz remember asbos 1 1/2 years Xplane 10 years as will msfs will get their in vr

Sorry it didn’t make it to the top of the wishlist. I’m perfectly happy with the mouse, but more choice is better for all. Good luck next time.

1 Like

Sure, as I said this is not a complaint, this is just to attract Asobo’s attention to the fact that controller support is a desired feature. It’s not surprising that it didn’t make the list, just because VR users are a minority, and there are many generally wanted features by all users (like multi monitor support, or helicopters) that dwarves the VR user numbers by comparison in sheer voting numbers. Still, if would be nice to make it into the list, at least at the bottom.

1 Like

i finally decided to add my vote. Granted, i’ve iterated i don’t care one way or another and i’m good using the mouse since that’s what i’m used to, but what’s the harm of one more +1? I can’t bring myself to buy another flight sim because the graphics in this game are too good compared to the others

2 Likes

That’s true. X-Plane is so much better with its VR implementation, and free Zibo mod 737 is an order of magnitude better than MSFS airliners - almost (if not completely) study level. However everything outside of the cockpit looks soo bad by comparison to a magnificent MSFS graphics that I can’t use XPlane anymore, I just can’t enjoy it after what MSFS has shown possible.

1 Like

which makes me question how/why people can justify going back to xplane. Sure it’s got better VR implementation and a much wider selection of aircraft and i think the loudest voices are the ones who demand instant gratification. Sure, i could appreciate the need to fly a plane without worry it’s going to crash (your desktop) but the game is still very young. it may not be “new” but it’s still only 6 months old

That’s easy. Many commercial study-level sims are butt-ugly. So if you want “as real as it gets” experience in real operation - then XPlane/Zibo (or some other commercial planes) is much closer to that than MSFS. I love realism, but I’m a web designer and a visual guy, I can’t ignore the ugliness compare to MSFS. But systems operation, VR implementation including tablets, charts, VATSIM live ATC and much more is vastly superior in XPlane. FMS/GPS and autopilot on airliners, and all systems modelling on MSFS are disappointing at the moment. Asobo says they wanted to let 3rd parties some room for more detailed models, but they are not here either (SDK limitations?).

Asobo made a pot of chili and served it before it was done. This is known. From what i understand, the SDK is kind of trash and it doesn’t help all the important files 3rd parties need to access to make changes and create planes are effectively locked behind encryption, an issue the Community 787 mod is currently facing. We just need to put the chili back in the slow cooker and let it simmer for a little longer. I won’t go as far to say “Asobo released an early access game and called it done,” however i’m willing to bet investors/microsoft pressured the 8/23 release. Not quite as horrendous as CDPR’s investors…however it seems a likely theory

Soeone has already posted an upcominf developer QnA question about VR controllers by the time I got there, so please vote for it. Let’s hear the Asobo explain their plans about VR controllers, hopefully give a timeline… Any plans for VR controller support

1 Like

This is executed very well in Ultrawings, a $10 arcade sim. And the cockpits are so much more realistic in MS Flight Sim, I just want to reach out and touch all those switches and levers!

I want Ultrawing’s nausea reduction features too, helps a lot in the planes with larger windows!

Others have already more than adequately made the case for touch controls, so I’ve made this account just to add my voice in and say that the moment support for this is added, I’ll be purchasing the Premium Deluxe version, and until then I’m going to be holding off.

1 Like
1 Like