VR Controllers - It. Just. Doesn't. Work

Yes, control+0 does work - allows normal use of the toolbar and Windows

Cntrol + 0 does not work for me…still no toolbar access…arrgh

It looks like it needs to be the 0 at the top of the keyboard, not on the numpad

1 Like

HP Revergb G2: I cant interact with anything in the cockpit´s or vr menu, arghhh to bad but any way i think the mouse works just great for haw i use it.

Switch from “legacy” to “lock” mode. Search the forum for details.

1 Like

Go to settings → camera and set home cockpit mode to „on“ (maybe the name is a bit different, this is just from memory).

This setting is near some flashlight setting…maybe one or two lines below/above.

Now you can access the toolbar in VR

1 Like

I have configured the mouse again, and in the right button I have entered the open and close the toolbar and it worked fine

1 Like

Unfortunately it didn’t work great for me. I lost some control of buttons on my x-52 joystick(haven’t tried with Honeycomb yoke and throttles yet). I have switches bound to VR view reset and zoom and atc, seems when I have home cockpit mode set to on I lose the function of some of these switches(except ATC). reverted to it turned off and these switches start to work again. I’ll just use the ctrl+0 for now. Come on Osobo! Really??!

And it has to be the left Ctrl not the right one.

Which airplane? I find the yoke very difficult to control because it is not a one-to-one mapping to your real hand movement. For example, it’s impossible to have pure aileron input if you want your virtual hand to keep grabbing yoke; it has to move away from the yoke to counter the unwanted elevator input.

Yes, VTOL has the best VR cockpit interaction. Even X-plane is much better than this. I used to fly in X-plain without a HOTAS just fine – I actually prefer the virtual yoke in that game.

Yes, there are half-baked fixes that cause other problems such as losing VR focus or position changes, etc… This was not ready to be introduced and why they released it in this state I will never know. Hopefully, a hotfix is a priority next week as I can’t wait until late Feb with a crippled sim. 2D is not an option lol

I put here how the yoke seems to be way oversensitive, I’m surprised nobody else is struggling with this ?

Same here. I think rather than translating up-and-down to yoke rotation, they should’ve just created a sticky point on the controller and allow us to stick it onto any surface point on the yoke, and control it that way.

I mean if we can play ping pong and do sword fighting in VR, it shouldn’t be that hard to just grab the yoke and move it back and forth like you do in real life.

I don’t quite understand what you mean. If i want pure aileron i just move the hand up/down. If i want pure elevator i push it back and forth. Works ok i find.
You just need solid support under the wrist to have a reference. If its hanging in the air yea that can be difficult.

Here more tips. Use lock not hold. When youre locked you can relax and control more accurate with finger tips. Put your hand first in comfortable position with solid support. It must not be over the yoke when you grab it. Turn the laser towards the yoke or flight stick and then grab it and lock on to it. You can then turn the hand back to comfortable position. Turning doesn’t do anything.

just landed C208 (yoke) in Helgoland like a feather with 40 kt cross-wind and heavy rain on 1000 ft strip.

I think sensitivity can be modified in options. Not sure, will have to check that.

Actually i have now found workarounds for the issues i faced.

1. For fine tuning tiny knobs like HDG, CDI, ALT etc… you can use thumbstick. With the rotating gesture you make big changes, and then fine tune with the thumbstick.

Check here:

Also i recommend assigning trimming to the other thumbstick.

1. The other issue with menus not working. That means no ATC. The menus actually do work when you activate any of the instrument views. By default its CTRL+1 to 0. If you select an instrument view that is not defined for particular aircraft, the view doesn’t change you remain in your normal default position. This can be exploited. Most planes don’t have all 10 instrument views. The last one is usually not defined. So what i do is, i have assigned one of the unused buttons on the controller to trigger Instrument View 10. So when i start new flight i just push that button, and all my menus and ATC is working with VR controllers.

So now i can do everything including IFR using only VR controllers.

I couldnt find it so would be great if you can help. What happens currently for example is I move the controller up 2 inches, and the side of the yoke moves up (turns) 4 inches.

I also find the implementation of joystick aircraft such as a320 very strange and expected to be able to tilt the controller to tilt the joystick - has anyone been able to get it to work like this? Thank you

And then when you try to turn knobs with the VR controllers… what a joke! I really wonder if anyone, really anyone, at the studios has tested the game with a VR headset and tried to change anything with the controllers. Try to change com frequency, try to change CDI, move heading bug… If one dev has tried it once, they would have noticed the issues. But I’m pretty sure they did not.

Also, why not offer a way to turn knobs with the stick on the VR controllers? For example, press trigger to hold the knob, then stick right and left to turn it. And if you really want to turn with your hand, make it less sensitive. Offer us control over sensitivity. So much for accessibility…