VR CTD with World Update 6

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
#pc

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store version

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Flying from Frankfurt to Cologne Germany, just as I was preparing to land in my Cessna 172, I experienced a CTD

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I went to my Garmin G1000 to get info on the runway. That’s about it.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Nvidia 2080 Super i7 9700k

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
World update 5

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Once again, Microsoft Store version

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

It seems that whatever bug caused a CTD in World Update 5 is still there in World update 6. I was flying in VR. I was in Germany with real time weather. Thunderstorms were in the area but at the time of CTD there was no more lightning. I went to my MFD to get info on the runway to land at. I didn’t do anything else. I pressed scroll lock to open my ATC window and then the game paused still with sound and an hourglass appeared. Then CTD.

Could it be you have the super high fidelity Cologne/Bonn Aerosoft airport installed and with the higher resolution ground textures from the Germany WU and basically your system / GPU has just hit a resource limit.

No excuses though - I’ve had the same issue in London and Hong Kong using DLC with my 2080 Ti. Lets hope Asobo make there sim more resilant but I suspect it’s some resource limit which is causing the crash.

The sim has a safe mode now, but you could also try turning the texture quality down.

I have no add ons at all in the sim. I’ve had a CTD several times with the Cessna 172 with the (original) Garmin 1000. The first time was about 10 minutes into the flight over Texas. Another time it was about 45 minutes doing an RNAV approach in Texas. Another time in the Seattle area. All with world update 5. This time it was with update 6. I was about 5 minutes away from landing. I didn’t do anything with the Garmin as far as setting up an RNAV or ILS. The only thing I did was I went to the FMS and got information for EDKL which is Leverkusen Germany.

Nvidia 457.30 will run P3Dv5 & MSFS2020 and is rock solid stable in VR Mode.

If I’m not in VR Mode, I can run the 496.49 and any others with no problem. The minute I switch to VR mode and put on my Oculus Rift S Headset, all heck breaks loose and it’s a different story. I have tried many times to update my NVDIA driver beyond 457.30 for VR with no luck. With 496.49, I get massive stutters, tears, and the black stencil closing in from all sides as I turn my head left and right . When I try to exit VR in MSFS2020- screen freeze followed by CTD.

If anyone has a fix for this, I’m all ears. Otherwise I’ll be w/ ole 457.30.

Thanks

Oh and I don’t understand all that tech talk (DDU, Direct X, DCH) jargon and its impact on the smooth running simulator. Plus I’m not sure if I should be posting this issue elsewhere. I’m needing help with VR.

Intel 10850k/RTX3080/WIN10 Fully updated