VR experience after World Update 6

Shockingly jumpy reflections since SU5 for me and many others.

New update started out a complete disaster! Just trying to get the update from the store was a treasure hunt. Only to discover we had to load the Xbox app first. After it all downloaded, I couldnā€™t get as far as a flight off the ground before my yoke, switch panels keyboard and mouse froze, all at different times. Then more CTDā€™s. I gave up.
Next day I changed aircraft from Modern to Legacy and now everything works, smooth no stutters and great fps! I did a few complete flights testing everything from weather to G1000 in C172. All very successful! I canā€™t believe my eyes itā€™s so amazing. From complete unflyable ā– ā– ā– ā–  to brilliant, overnight?
So bizarre I donā€™t trust it lol!
(i7-10700, RTX3080, 32G, Q2-AirLink)

Iā€™ll give that a go, Thank you.

Bart

Even the Sim Update 5 was a complete step backwards for me. Itā€™s no different after Sim Update 6. Here are a few screenshots from Sim Update 4. Sorry for poor quality. These are screenshoots from vids that I made in VR. I miss the incredible cloud formations, the lighting, the colors. Since SIM update 5, the clouds really only look bad in VR. Magenta / green veil in the colors, no more mood. To be honest, I donā€™t feel like flying in the MSFS 2020 anymore ā€¦
10900k / RTX3090 / G2

1 Like

Have I problems with my eyes?

Just do the vercors discovery flight and hold left of the prominent mountain.

You will see nothing but a popup fest everywhere.

In urban areas as well as flat landscapes it works soso with the new culling setting set to 3 and terrain lod 3 or higher (there is still some backloading but it is much less noticeable now) but there are many many places where nothing has changed and we still have an very plastic planet.

Iā€™ve long since put my Quest 2 headset down and stopped tearing my hair out when it comes to VR. As a few people have said on this forum over the last 9 months the VR implementation in the sim was cobbled together very quickly in the closing few months of last year by Asobo and is not well optimised.

If theyā€™re going to publish a VR roadmap soon and show it some love then Iā€™ll come back to it then and see how things have changed. In the mean time Iā€™m going to invest in Track IR. It seems like a better compromise.

World Update 6, weā€™ve not had SU6 yet :wink:

Ok, I have 3 different places for MSFS updates. Update in Steam, update during the start of MSFS and updates in the profile itself. You can get confused ā€¦ :wink:

Just tried that flight, though I have flown there before without problems, but this time there was some minor pop-ups, but hardly enough to call objectionable or immersion destroying for me. Of course this sort of thing is always going to be in the eye of the observer and what some find objectionable others wonā€™t worry too much - and maybe our different systems might make a difference, as well as how our ISPs manage their traffic.

I have installed World Update VI but I cannot find the trace in Content and flying over the scenario I cannot find the Bastei Bridge that appears when opening FSMS2020. Where is the problem?

Hello. Did you visit the Markrtplace to load the World Update 6?
It seems that it does not appear in the Content Managerā€¦

Regards

Yes, I did it. So, this night I reinstalled FS2020 and the additional contents also but the situation didnā€™t change, the World Update VI doesnā€™t appear.

Today was appeared suddenly the offer of World Update 6 and I installed it. Now everything is OK

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.