VR Folks Please report your performance with new patch

Reinstall dude

Smooth as silk here on high and some ultra settings even flying over london.

Motherboard: Asus Rog Hero x11 wifi Z490
55" curved oled Tv.
CPU: Intel i9-10900K @5.3mhz per core.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 turbo
CPU-Cooler: Liquid cooled 240mm
PSU: Kolink 1200watt Platinum
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4/3600mhz
M.2 NVME SSD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
M.2 NVME SSD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
SSD: NVME Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
5.1 logitech sound system Soundblaster Z.
Next level V3 Motion platform on GT Ultimate rig.
2 Buttkickers on race rig with 300watt earthquake amp.
Sim Racing studio wind and tactile generators.
Saitek Quadrant.
Saitek Multi panel.
Honeycomb Alpha Yoke.
Honeycomb Bravo Throttle controller.
Saitek fuel controller and deicer levers.
Thrustmaster TPR Rudder.
VR. HP Reverb G2

1 Like

On my rift S, when I booted it up it was worse than before. But during flight I turned photogrammetry on and it did seem to smooth things out. Not sure If it was chance or not. Not great fps and do have stutters but it’s certainly flyable now. 3070,i7-10700,16gb, latest nvidia driver

Wow you should try xplane again, purely from VR perspective it’s way ahead of this.

Now weather and shading xplane is destroyed by MSFS but stability and useable- controller as hands, xplane kills MSFS for VR.

Xplane with Orbx and Ultra Weather is better on fixed sunny day at 12 than MSFS, colours are better and Orbx buildings are better.

Full weather multiplayer sunset sunrise MSFS ALL DAY LONG.

2 Likes

Hi there , glad to hear that you have amazing performance with the G2 and 3090. Can I ask you what settings you are using (scaling)
I have a 2080 and recently bought a G2 which I love the clarity but just can’t push it higher than 65% and 100% in game and averaging 22-24 fps…
I want to be able to play 100% and 100% and I would pay the 2000$ for the 3090 if it was possible , let me know if I believe in magic 🪄 or this is reality … well virtual reality lol

1 Like

Muuuch better now on my G2, 8700k,
3080, driver 457.30!

This is the best performance I’ve had since the VR launch, this patch really exceeded my expectations. This was badly needed.

London photogrammetryvstill running like dogsh*t though!

1 Like

Curious if anyone else can reproduce this or if it’s unique to my setup somehow.

I’ve got everything set up so that both the in-game and fpsvr report around 30fps but the scenery passing by the windows looks like it’s running at maybe 10fps although it is consistent (no major hiccups or stutters).

With MSFS in window mode if I ALT-TAB to another window (puting the desktop MSFS window in the background) the VR instantly smooths out and is a beautiful true 30fps and is amazing. If I alt-tab the sim to be back in focus in windows, it goes back to the 10 FPS look (but still reporting 30fps).

Reverb G2
i5 10600K
3060ti

Add:
FWIW, I am running Microsoft store version, but am using steam openxr so that I can run fpsvr.

How does the CRJ compare to the Spitfire or stock savage cup?

Zero improvement on my side. VR continues to stutter when looking around the cockpit even at 40fps. Still can’t understand why the performance is to unbelievably poor considering my hardware, very frustrating. They certainly appear to have resolved the main performance issue.

1 Like

Look at my post a couple posts up. I had similar experience. Reported FPS was good but it looked terrible. Curious if you’ll see the same thing with the sim not in focus in windows.

No stutters using 457.30.

RTX 2080Ti
Reverb G1
32gb ram
i9-9900k

London is good at around 3500ft

Hi! In OXR dev tools i UNCHECKED custom scaling and preview. It does what it wants, I assume 100%! In game: TAA 100, most settings at ultra, glass cockpit refresh at low (crucial for me), occlusion and contact shadows medium. LOD and OLD at 100. I did not measure fps but I perceive it (now) as smooth also in dense photogrammetry area. There are occasional stutters but quite understandable given the reqs of the sim!

I see better performance as well, more smooth but not more frames:

RTX3090
5800X
32 MB Ram @3600
Pimax 8K+ @ 170/150 degree fov

However, some of the gains seems to be accomplished by increasing the frustrum culling even more. While a good thing in 2D, using a wide fov in vr, its now a constant swapping of objects and ground textures in and out on the edges of the screen. To an extend, its even not tolerable for me. And Im not picky in general. If someone knows a workwround, please let me know. Or even better ASOBO give us a setting in the vrconfig. Doesnt need to be a checkbox in the GUI.

1 Like

Did three things today. I updated HP Reverb firmware. I’m pretty sure that didn’t impact the performance, it just fixed the high volume level/screens going black problem.
Second thing I did was to update Windows mixed reality drivers. Not sure how that impacted fps/stutters, but the patch notes says this:

• Update the winding order of the hidden area mesh for the HP Reverb G2 to be consistent with other headsets.
  • Visuals quality improvements for the HP Reverb G2 headsets.
  • Windows Mixed Reality headset platform and reliability improvements.

Driver version is 10.0.19041.2041, release date march 23 on Microsoft website. But driver date is 2/11/21 - which is confusing. Anyway, I had an older driver even though my Windows version is the latest. So I updated WMR driver. Link to download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=102903

Third thing I did was to update MSFS 2020.

Not sure how much impact the driver update has, it says improved visual clarity on Reverb G2 - and — could be placebo, but I think it has improved!

And very important - much more fluid now! Also around airports where I could get horrible stutters before. Those stutters are mostly gone totally.

2 Likes

Try 457.30vif you haven’t. It stutters the least

My performance used to be amazing in the Sim. It was silky smooth every once a while I have a little stutter but nothing big. After this new update it is not even playable VR. I don’t know what happened but my performance is horrible it’s actually making me sick because of all the ground stutters. I’m using WMR.

I can borrow your rig right quick?

1 Like

XP11 runs perfectly smooth (for me) in VR using a Quest 2, an i7 10700k at 5 GHz, 16 gig of 4000 MHz DDR4, a Samsung M.2 970 Evo plus NVMe SSD and an “obsolete” RX-590. It took (maybe) 30 minutes of fooling around until I hit that perfect spot…you know, like when you scratch a dog just right? :slight_smile:

FS 2020 has been a serious test of my willingness to testing different settings. I have lost track of the hours of trying this and trying that.

On the plus side, MS 2020 is smooth as a babies bottom in 2D mode. I just wish it had true multi-monitor support like XP. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vanilla is all fine and dandy…question is…
Can XP11 run addon sceneries like ST Barts in VR now?
I got 5-8 FPS trying to run this scenery in XP11 before Vulkan.

Talk about feeling buyer’s remorse :cry:
I do however appreciate XP11 addon devs now labeling products as “VR Ready”

1 Like

I’m comparing where and how I fly FS 2020 vs. XP11 in VR.

1 Like