VR headset goes to sleep and crashed MSFS to desktop

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

VR headset goest to sleep and MSFS crashes to desktop when using openXR runtime and VMR portal sleep timeout is set to “let windows decide”.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

VMR portal sleep time out set to “let windows decide” VR headset, fly for ~30+ minutes.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

HP Reverb G2, i9 13900KF, nvidia 4070Ti, 32GB DDR5, Windows 11, (all software and drivers is up-to-date)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

This isn’t a MSFS problem and they won’t solve it for you. This is likely a problem with WMR and Windows. When I had a reverb g2 and used WMR I did the following to prevent the headset from going to sleep. Change the WMR settings on power management on your own, don’t choose the “let windows decide”. I changed mine to “never” and just shut off the G2 when done using it with the power button the G2 control box. Also, in Windows Device Manager on several different occasions I had random USB power ports turn off devices using USB. In windows device manager you can see a list of all the USB ports and for each one you can make sure the power management setting is to NOT turn off the USB port power ever. The windows default setting is to try and automatically shut off power to USB ports that Windows thinks are not active to save power. This “feature” isn’t all that accurate and was turning off the power to the port that had my HOTAS, VR headset, etc. at random times. I simply disabled the feature and now the USB ports are always turned on when the PC is turned on.

1 Like

Good job mate, I know how to set it like that and I did just to workaround. (Luckily I am smart a bit) But this is the only title that goes to sleep when in game none other title has this issue,
DCS, IL2, iracing, AssettoCorsa Comp. Elite Dangerous, Star Wars Squadrons, Beat Saber… I can count more… So none of these titles goes to sleep when active. MSFS is the only exception. So I still have got to report this problem.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

try turning off everything that is running of windows in the backgound … that help me.