VR insight M-Panel working in MSFS2020

Although you have the “FSUIPC not found” dialog I can see that FSUIPC is available.

The VRinsight program says it failed to load the M panel module. Did you install it with this module loader?

hi,
I can’t install with the installer panel because It doesn’t find the MSFS2020 program. I can find with P3D or FSX but not with MSFS2020.
I tried with different directories but I don’t know wich is the well.

Sorry with my english :wink:

Oh I see. Flight Sim is in a folder called “WindowsApps” in the “Program Files” directory on a default install or the location you chose if if not the default. The only trouble is is that you don’t have access to it by default. You need to take ownership of the folder as described here.

I already tried with this folder. But It write “MSFS Folder not found”.

Many thanks to spend your time for me :slight_smile:

“MSFS Folder not found”.

I don’t think this is important… Just click OK and continue.

My “VRiSim.ini” Located at “C:\Program Files (x86)\VRInsight\bin” does not point to my actual FlightSim folder…

[MSFS]
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Flifgt Simulator Path
//MSFS_Path = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
//MSFS_Path = C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/fsx.exe
MSFS_Path =

These default Paths are scored out anyway and my actual path is just blank. So I don’t think this value is important. I think VRiSim connects to FSUIPC so doesn’t need to use the Path variable.

I have just done an installation on another PC and it works just fine. I had to load the latest “vc_redist.x64” from Microsoft to get FSUIPC7 to run but apart from that…nothing.

I didn’t specify a Path, just pressed OK and then loaded the M-Panel module.

to get it going I started FSUIPC then VRiSim and it found the M-Panel right away.

I don’t understant wich is my problem… I m very angry :unamused:

It is annoying… I’ve run out of suggesions for now , I’ll come back if I think of anything else to try

Thanks a lot for your help… I ve apprecied… perhaps VRinsight will do a driver update… or with the new FSUIPC payware… I hope :wink:

This is my VRinsight “bin” folder contents…Does yours look like this?

Your Desktop screenshot shows the dialog for the “Inst_Panel” program. I didn’t use that. I just ran the “instal_M-Panel.exe” file that I got here

I have the same folders and files… finally I’ve reinstalled all programm and… Yeeeeeeesssss my Mpanel runs correctly in MSFS :heart_eyes:

Many many many thanks my friend to help me :blush: :blush: :blush:

That is fantastic news!

My MCP Combi (first version) works fine too but I noticed a curious thing.
I installed FSUIPC7 and to make it work I had to use the SerialFP2 program.
Now, doing some tests with Linda, I’m using FSUIPC7 with
the beta license expiring 08 NOV 2020 with full functionality and I found that closing LINDA, FSUIPC7 still recognized different commands of the MCP without the need for other software.
I also tried the A320nx and it works fine too.
Now I would like to integrate the missing commands with Linda, have any of you already tried?
Thanks

1 Like

I haven’t found the need to use Linda at all when using my M-Panel with FSUIPC7 as I described above. To be honest I don’t even know what Linda is for, didn’t need it in my case.

What I understood doing tests with the VRI MCP Combi is that if you use FSUIPC7 not registered you must use SerialFP2.
Instead, using FSUIPC7 registered version the MCP Combi is recognized and it works fine without any other software.
The HDG, ALT and SPD knobs on the MCP Combi (Boeing) can only be pushed while on the A320 they can also be pulled.
What I would like to do with Linda, if it were possible, is to intercept the continuous pressure of the knob and have the FSUIPC->SIM interpret it as if it were the action of pulling the knob.

Did you see This introduction to Linda by Brian747 ?

As i mention above I dont have any experience of Linda but going by Brian747’s very good introduction it seems that you should be able to do what you want with a Lua function although it seems you do need a licensed FSUIPC for Lua functionality.

You have opened my eyes to Linda, it seems pretty cool. Thanks for that. I’ll get it up and running on my PC and see what’s what… I don’t have such a grand panel as you but I might be able to work something out… I’m sure someone can

1 Like

Hi. I have the MCP Combo 1 too. I cannot figure out what I need to do to get it functioning in MSFS. VRINSIGHT does not detect my device. When I run the scan, the MCP does get a signal and the display does change to SPD/100 ————/————
HDG/000 ALT/10000
Radio Panel/Select Function

It is puzzling to me. Do I need another piece of software from VRINSIGHT? I ran the base package and MCP Combo module. I am running the licensed FSUIPC7 and Linda 4.0.3.41

Thanks!

It might be worth uninstalling vrinsight using “Add and remove programs” and deleting the installation folder then starting again with the Base package, making sure that SerialFP2 gets installed and then running the Combo module exe.

I only have the M-Panel which is simpler than yours so I don’t really need to use Linda.

If you look above I posted a screenshot of my Device Manager showing the “port” that SerialFP2 creates. You could check that you have that?

Thanks for the reply. I will take your advice and do a reinstall. My Com1 and Com 3 are the same as yours. This ■■■■ thing makes me feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

From the tests I did, in my opinion to use VRI MCP Combo1 you have two options:

FSUIPC7 not registered + SerialFP2
FSUIPC7 registered and nothing else.
Registered FSUIP7 recognizes and manages the MCP directly without the need for other software, Linda is only useful for configuring extra options.
The important thing is that VRI MCP is correctly configured as a Windows device connected to COM3 that you will need to insert in the FSUIPC7.ini file:

[VRInsight]
1 = com3