VR is completely hosed in SU9

I don’t know who tested this but VR is hosed in SU9. It’s at 800x600 visual quality now. It has me going back to 2D. I could see/understand the focus is not there right now but to hose it up like this is maddening. Why the constant degradation of VR? We’re fine with Asobo being focused on it’s bread and butter audience but to degrade a feature like this is crazy… Even the menus are now condensed where you can’t read ATC. You have to resize the ATC window every time you open it. Again crazy…

4 Likes

try this MSFS | OPENXR TOOLKIT UPDATE | BEST VR SETTINGS - YouTube

I shouldn’t have to keep tweaking when it was in better condition before the update. This shouldn’t be ‘Tweaksim 2022’.

7 Likes

I feel for all who invested $600+ for a VR headset. It’s gotten worse with each update making that purchase a waste of money unless you use the headset for more than FS2020.

4 Likes

Strange, other than the messed up Toolbar windows I see no quality or performance change.

9 Likes

Apart from the bug with the menus where you have to resize them…am i the only one who is having positive results with su9? I mean, my performance has gotten even better, especially with clouds. WMR user. Mind you, i have relatively boo boo hardware compared to most people here (9700k, rtx 2070, dell visor headset).

13 Likes

All good here with my G2. VR is brilliant.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that the dials in steam gauge aircraft are appearing elongated, as in oval-shaped, instead of being circular.

I am not on SU9 beta, and it happened to me a couple of times last week (VR launching in stupidly low res). IIRC, I think it happened when I switched my Reverb G2 on after launching MSFS. All was ok after relaunching MSFS.

Anyway, it is indeed a recent issue, but not related to SU9. I find it more likely to be a bug in the latest WMR update.

Hi,
I too noticed the deterioration of the visual quality with my Pimax 8kx immediately after the update to SU 9, having flown in SU 8 just an hour before updating to SU 9.
I was especially noticeable with the scenery quality.

3 Likes

Im on a 8Kx too. And I see a lot of shimmering and lowres stuff after SU9 within the scenery, wich clearly was not there before. I tried to tweak for the better, but no chance. It seems to be hardcoded. Its an immersion breaking thing for me. I see, that this sim needs further optimisation, but this is not the right way. And when looking at the menue issue, I have the feeling, nobody at Asobo cares about VR. Shame, it worked resonably well before, now its really destracting. Hope for the better…

1 Like

My Reverb G2 V2 is still stunning post update using latest toolkit options.

2 Likes

No problems here with G2 either… other than the irritating pop out window sizing bug which requires resizing every time. In fact the whole thing is looking and running better than ever with the new OpenXR toolkit update.

I would look into your settings and see if anything has been changed.

Please check if your in-game render scale is back to 80 which is default. When you update i don’t know why but the sim tends to reset some settings. At least on my side. I am seeing no degradation.

1 Like

All good after SU9 with G2 (using openXR toolkit). Performance and visuals same as before (or no discernible diffrence).
Only bugs identified so far are the size of the pop-in panels in VR (too narrow and too long)(no big deal) and the still unsolved “double cursor” in instrument views (which is certainly annoying).

2 Likes

I tend to agree. I also have a problem to launch the PDMG DC6 in VR… :confused:

Seems like if you are not on a native WMR-HMD and using a third-party tool to tweak, it gets worse with every update. And Im not even talk about wide-fov support. Such a shame, because its super immersive when it works.

1 Like

No Change here. Still smooth and beautiful. Running Quest 2 with VD. No toolkit, no OTT.
5950x 3080Ti

2 Likes

For WMR users, please unsure that you start WMR portal before you start the sim, else the resolution will be messed up.

MSFS is not only flight sim. DCS, IL2 and XP11 have VR too so VR is not obsolute. I can’t fly without VR, better to change sim. MSFS is very good when it works, maybe they do hotfix which will fix problems.

Disclaimer: I haven’t tested update yet myself. I will upgrade my CPU from 3800x to 5800x3d, hope that helps.