VR Key Bindings missing and not editable

Default VR Key Bindings are missing and not editable. Key bindings elsewhere in Options are all present and editable.
Starting VR from the button on the options screen works but it is impossible to get past the initial Camera Reset prompt.

Yes, this was confusing to me too. I bound these options by going to the regular key binding menu, then searching for “VR” in each of the peripherals that I wanted to bind them to.

4 Likes

@lynhoffenmeyer
Thanks!
That’s helped but surely that’s not how it should be? Surely the default settings should already be there in the first place by, well, by default!

And I still can’t find the right key bindings for camera translations other than Horizontal, left/right.

1 Like

Yes I have the same bug here. Any solution?

1 Like

I fell into this trap last night when I jumped into VR without pre-binding something to get back out again (Alt-F4 to the rescue – Twice).

WHY it wasn’t on the VR screen is beyond me. Instead, you have to go to your keyboard profile, search for “VR” and then bind your choice of keys to get in AND OUT of VR. This was poorly documented in any installation instructions or videos that I have seen.

Just sayin’
Jim-Sim

2 Likes

I have found a workaround for rebind default VR keys, just open command settings and use default keyboard set. All you have to do is just to rebind any custom keys you had set before, but you’ll get default VR keys too. Hope it will help. Merry Christmas to all pilots!

+1 (Voted) Yes - would really like to be able to bind the cockpit zoom feature of the right mouse button to a button on my joystick.

The UX design in this is just, well… surprising considering it really is one of the most advanced pieces of software out there right now.

Did not work for me the binds are missing even in the basic options menu

I have an idea for the developer. Let’s make this as confusing as possible. Forget ease of use for end user. No its too easy to go to vr menu and bind keys that way. We need to make the customer confused. Irritated. Make them jump through hoops. Spend time online looking for solutions.

I really want to buy the deluxe version. But until they get their shir together I will continue to pay 10 a month for game pass. Really???

How about they look at dcs and xplane. See how user friendly it is and do it that way. Not make it confusing, complicated, or hard???

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.