VR now very glitchy in MSFS2020 after World Update VIII

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

I was able to run VR on a Pimax 8KX with Nvidia 3090 RTX card with everything turned up and 3100ish x 2500ish resolution…now it will not run smoothly until I set it to 1800ish x 1500ish…and turn down lots of detail…this is unacceptable…I am using SteamVR and the Pimax 8KX.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Have to be using a Pimax 8KX

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-11900KF @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

|Edition|Windows 11 Home||Version|21H2|
|Installed on|‎10/‎22/‎2021|
|OS build|22000.556|
|Experience|Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.556.0|

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

After updating to World Update VIII

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

12900 + RTX3080TI Reverb G2, 175Mbps, yeah I’m having issues in VR now, community folder empty. Voted :+1:

Same here…I have a 3090 and Reverb G2, before the Windows 11 beta update recently, it was absolutely perfect, now its a stuttering mess and I have had to put MSFS2020 away till there is a fix.

2 Likes

Reverb G1, 2080ti - can’t use VR without getting blackouts in VR, and the game hanging for long periods, if not crashing altogether.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

before the update in VR i had all the settings all the way up with no issues now after the update it glitches like crazy mainly when i move my head to the right. I have a I7-10700k with 32 gb ram and a rtx3090 with windows 11 pro

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

After doing some additional research on this issue…I was using the Kodiak 100 for my testing. I decided to switch to a default MSFS2020 aircraft the Textron C172 G1000.
With this aircraft I was able to run VR in its full glory as I did before WU VIII…
So it looks like this is not a Asobo/MS problem, but an addon issue and I only tested those 2 aircraft so I do not know if it would be in all addons or in some MSFS other default aircraft. For those following this thread…please check your own setups to see if this is the case for you…as I would not want Asobo nor MS to work on an issue that is not their problem…thank you.

Unfortunately I only use stock aircraft, even without any mods I’m still seeing issues, I noticed it as soon as I went to WU8. I’ve had a very balanced setup for a good deal of time now 12900/ rtx3039ti

Sorry to hear about you still having issues…I tried the Boeing 247D and it works in VR nicely as well…so it looks like addon planes and possibly some Asobo/MS planes might have issues, but I only fly a very small subset of them.

Hello everyone,
i have the problems with slipping or jumping image too. I believe that with Simupdate 12 they have also become more frequent. But I noticed the following. When I restart the computer from a cold start and then play MSFS in VR, I often have these problems. If I then shut everything down and reboot, the problems go away.
you can try it and write if it helps you.

Greetings
Jochen

can you post a video capture of what your are talking about (slipping or jumping images)?

i would like to do, but since two days the problem is gone. It may have helped to start setting up the playing area of ​​the Reverb G2 again. Or something was updated in the background that fixed the problem. But I have no idea what really happened. Sorry!