VR Optician users

Did it change the sweet spot for you guys? Or possibly make the headset adjustment more sensitive sense the lens is now closer to your eye? I find myself feeling like the focus area is now higher and needing to let my headset sag a little more. Just looking for other experiences.

No significant changes noticed when using the lenses.

I used VR Optician with a Vive, I am now using WIDMOvr lenses with my Index. In both cases I’ve experienced the same thing. I think it probably has to do with the specific prescription. I’ve found that with the lenses it is also a little more important to get your IPD just right.

Any reason you switched from VROptician?

TBH, I liked the VROptician lenses and was nervous about switching. But from the research I did it seemed that the WIDMOvr lenses and mounts might be slightly thinner than VROptician, and I wanted to maintain as wide an FOV as possible. In the end I don’t think there is enough of a difference to speak of, and they both turned out to be about the same as far as quality goes. I would buy either brand again in the future.

1 Like

Updating - I found that tightening the headset to where my eyelashes were just off of the lenses helped alot - you know, putting the lenses as close as you can comfortably wear them, which makes sense.

Just got mine two days ago and enjoy immensely. Using with G2 and custom face pad sweet spot unmoved from before. Nice to see things better without the glasses.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.