VR = trend of high-end GPU yet very sluggish performance (temp)

I love Flight Simulator 2020, but I think there is an elephant in the room:

This game is terribly optimized for virtual reality.

This is the only thing I have to say, because I am experiencing no issues other than disappointingly low frame rate. I bought a high-end GPU, which are very hard to get right now, specifically for this game. Yet it immediately caps out at 100% usage (as indicated by MSI Afterburner) with lag streaks multiple times a second (especially when moving your head). This means that it is undeniably by far the most important issue, and I strongly believe that performance is the single issue that the development team should be focusing on right now. Please let me know how soon you are planning to release a major update that addresses this. Otherwise, the game is legit unplayable for now.

Here are some specific specs: AMD Ryzen 3700X, NVIDIA RTX 3070, and 32 GB RAM. I’m pretty sure around 80-90% of gaming computers are not as strong as this, which means that the game is unfortunately excluding a large public.

Thank you.

Sorry to say, I think this is a you issue, not a FS2020 issue.

1 Like

The subtopics and forum posts would be a lot faster to go through without useless posts, you are absolutely right

I was looking for a feedback button, but the game implies that “in order to provide feedback, post to the forums”, so that is what I did.

That is actually good news. Please let me know what could be wrong with my setup and what the possible solutions are. Any expertise or pointer helps. Thanks!

No idea, I use a 1080TI and its great.

A post was split to a new topic: VR = trend of high-end GPU yet very sluggish performance