VR Vive Cosmos cockpit controls flicker in right eye

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Vive Cosmos - cockpit controls in the right eye flicker at certain head position.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

In the VR, get into any aircraft with Garmin 1000, look straight ahead and move your head slightly left and right. In the right corner of your right eye you will see the Garmin controls and other cockpit elements flicker. The bug is present in all aircraft, but in the Garmin ones is more apparent than in others. It seems like there is a point in the right eye VR field of view, that moves with the head and creates the flickering. As you turn your head and move the view across the cockpit, the flickering happens at the same spot of the field of view. The problem can be seen in the VR mirror view on the monitor too, so it has nothing to do with the VR lenses or optics. Also, this bug has nothing to do with the 1.14.6 update, was happening before that.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
i7 8700, 2080S, 32GB 3600Mhz, Vive Cosmos

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

I’ve also noticed the same problem with the HP Reverb G2 with right eye jumping when it comes to the popup windows like ATC and VFR map as well as usernames.

Need to do more experimentation but it might be a windowed vs full screen issue and have only noticed the problem since the latest 1.14.6 patch

I am having exactly the same problem. Maybe we should see what we have in common with regards to the system. Did you already figure something out?

Did you find any solution for that?

@roye9180 No, I have not found a solution. Created a ticket with Tech Support, they said that they could not reproduce the issue. I sent more pictures and videos to reopen the ticket, no reply to that yet

Phil.

Intel 8700 (Non-K), Asus ROG Strix Z370 F Gaming
RTX 2080S
32GB 3600MHz
Win 10 2004 19041.928

Too bad - I also made a ticket and did another post in the forum seems like we are not the only people experiencing that issue

Well, it is “kind of” good news that the problem is present in Reverb 2 too, it gives a hope that they will take the issue more seriously. Originally I was under the impression that this is specific to Vive Cosmos and it seems to me that only a few FS2020 users actually have the Vive. Majority is probably Reverb followed by Oculus.
Also, I got a reply to my latest ticket update - now the Tech Support requested more information (DxDiag and msinfo) - that is certainly a more promising than the original “could not reproduce the issue” response.

So…keeping my fingers crossed.