VR - when mouse cursor hovers a panel, no input from rudder, throttle, propeller, etc. Ailerons and Elevator OK

Sounds like you VR guys have inherited a bug that’s been in the sim since launch. Originally, it only affected popped out windows (glass cockpits, ATC, VFR map) and is still there. Looks like this bug has now crept into your VR experience in normal use without popouts.

The only workaround for this is to move your mouse out of a panel when you’re done with it. It shouldn’t be like that. This is clearly a bug. But at least it’s an easy workaround.

1 Like

It’s an easy workaround but if you keep forgetting to move it, like I do, especially during ground ATC handling after landing, it gets really annoying real quick.

It’s most definitely a bug and needs to be fixed. Both for VR and pancake mode. End users shouldn’t have to use odd workarounds to avoid bugs in the sim.

The forum’s “ignore” function works wonders… Just saying…

3 Likes

I thought I was losing my mind as I just got a Reverb G2. So glad I found this thread. Upvoted.

1 Like

Ditto. Wish I’d found this thread and other related ones before I’d spent an awful lot of time trying to trace what I thought to be a hardware / USB power management issue, but only with MSFS as no problem with any other sims.

Yesterday I had a new effect. After closing the VFR map, I could no longer use my flaps and the landing gear. Nothing helps. Gamebreaker.

I changed the Sim for today. So relaxing, everything works.

Hmm, ok. I tried it out and had the same issue. Until I slowed down the aircraft to the speeds that allows using flaps and the gear.

Well, the MB339’s landing gear should be able to extend under 120 knots, I mean. :joy:
By the way, on another flight, the landing gear no longer wanted to go in after a Tank-stop. Maybe I was still too slow.

I mean that’s not stock aircraft so :rofl:

I can’t take standard aircraft seriously. :joy:
There are always important parts missing.

Yes, that’s the basis for the thriving 3rd party and modding community. Just the aircraft you had problems with is not a mod or add-on, but a completely separate one, and if something does not work with it is not really Asobo’s responsibility, but the creators’, who sold it to you for certain amount of cash.

It has nothing to do with the aircraft, it is because commands in the simulator were no longer passed on.
I’ve been flying this thing for over 200 hours.

When I go out of VR, it works again.

Never had that one. And I have been flying for almost 600 hours in the sim. I tried exactly like you described it and it did not happen in another aircraft (since you did not mention it at first).

Most likely, a lot of the bugs are with these lousy servers. the soft calls home about every little thing and waits for confirmation.

I’ve already asked you whether you’re stuck directly on the Azure network. There is no other way of explaining the 100% functioning system.

Nah, it’s not a 100% functioning system, I am just too old to get angry with a video game if it doesn’t work exactly like I want it to. I’d rather enjoy it. Specifically when after a year it is very clear the issues are getting slowly but surely fixed.

Laugh, yes, very slowly … maybe 2024.

There is a huge difference in what I see, and experience, today and how it was at launch.

start, i dont know, have bought in January.
And I still see the same flaws in VR

I love it when I am taxing and I get ready to slow down for my turn and…why am I not slowing down…oops, darn mouse over the panel bug…lol

3 Likes

Ok, I upgraded my graphics card mainly because of the abysmal VR performance from 5700xt to 2070s and Q2 to Reverb G2, my biggest issue were the microstutters no matter the resolution and settings when I looked down on my left. At the time when I got the new card and headset there was no difference. Today, it is smooth. Not to say it has something to do with MSFS optimizing the code for VR, afaik they haven’t and more to do with WMR updates, but I can still remember how unplayable it used to be compared to what it is now.