VR zoom (Focus) mouse freezes and doesn't come back

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

not applicable

Brief description of the issue:

When using the zoom (default by mouse, for me its middle mouse button + right mouse button), the image freezes after zooming in and does not return automatically all the time as it was (sometimes it’s ok, sometimes it hangs). Since there is no button to zoom out, you have to go out to the outside view and return to the cockpit for normal zoom again. One of the patches broke it. An obvious bug. Previously it was like that as long as you pressed the mouse button it worked for a long time, the view then returned to its normal position, now it often freezes.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

no needed

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Any plane, bug is in everyone. Use Zoom in several times inside the plane, zoom in the cockpit, you have a 20% chance that an issue will appear

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

not applicable

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If you’re describing the issue I think you’re describing, I know what you mean.

I’ve found it happens depending on WHERE in the cockpit you right click to initialise the zoom.

Try clicking on “empty space” like the windshield or somewhere there is no interactive buttons, switches etc underneath.

1 Like

Not entirely, because I also have this zoom (named “Focus VR” in MSFS) set as a button on the joystick, so I don’t operate the mouse cursor (actually you can’t see it then). Very often, this suspension of zoom view also occurs when looking close to a glass cockpit (e.g. G1000, G3X). Then he doesn’t want to come back. This didn’t used to be the case. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I have the same issue, I also notice that if the mouse is over some clickable item, say, the PMS750, zoom doesn’t work until the mouse is moved to a blank area. It’s been a problem for a long time, I forget which SU created it but it was some time ago.
There are many niggles like this for VR users that don’t seem to be addressed, what about a VR review Asobo?

1 Like