waas/LPV Approach Fails As Of Last Updatte

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Not using developer mode.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Have not removed mods/addons.

Brief description of the issue:

Diamond DA 62 And Other waas equipped aircraft. On a waas/LPV approach, TOD and BOD do not appear on the MFD map view and VPTH does not appear in the PFD. Thus, the automatic altitude decreases do not occur in an LPV approach. When the aircraft is close enough to the airport to engage the APPR button, LP appears in the PFD. This has all started failing as of the most recent major Flight Sim update.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello papaurn,
What update is this?

What mods are you using?

I was in hospital first two weeks of this past July, so I do not have the exact date of the update. To the best of my knowledge, 1.33.8.0 is the most recent update. I normally fly waas/LPV aircraft very frequently. I flew many flights in the Diamond DA 62 and in the Cessna 172 (G1000) this past year with no problem with waas/LPV. For aircraft equipped with waas, waas/LPV worked very well in the simulator. As of early July 2023, the wass/LPV functionality simply failed for all waas equipped aircraft. After the aircraft reaches assigned altitude, I lower the altitude selection on the PFD to the approach fix altitude. A typical approach fix altitude value might be 1600 ft. Next, the VNAV button is pushed. In the past, VPATH would appear on the PFD, telling me that the LPV approach is activated. Now, when the VNAV button is pressed, nothing happens and nothing is displayed on the PFD. As stated in the forum, TOD and BOD do not appear on the navigation map in the MFD. Finally, the aircraft does not descend via waas/LPV. I must descend manually.

As for addons, I believe the answer is I have none. If addons mean only third party aircraft/scenery, I have none. If addons means aircraft/scenery purchased via the flight sim marketplace, I have several. If you like, I can list the market place addons that are on my computer.

This is OK. No need to list marketplace addons. I was more looking if you had mods (for addons). :+1:

Sorry to hear. I hope all is well.

You may be on the current public release unless you have joined the Xbox Insider for Betas.

Hi @papaurn
First, this test was run in the beta version that is currently being tested (as of 14 Aug 23), so don’t know if that affected the issue. I tried an approach in the DA 62 into KSTL/30L that I know worked in the past. I did get the VPTH to arm (shown in white) and then activate (turn green) at the appropriate places. When I hit the APR button at the appropriate place and I did get the GP to arm and the aircraft descended as expected.
I’ll run some more tests to see if I can duplicate the issue.
I’ll try some random approaches and see if anything shows up.
I’ll attach one screenshot, but don’t judge me!! I went into active pause to get a shot and do some editing of the screenshot, and let me speed degrade! This shot was while the VPTH was active. I didn’t grab any other shots, but I’ll try to grab some later and post if they’re worthwhile.
Regards

Hi Habu2u2,
Hope all is well. My surgery went well and I’m fine, thank you. I flew the DA 62 again yesterday. Got up to 9000 ft and set the altimeter setting to 1600 ft in preparation for pressing the VNAV button. The VNAV button was pressed and VPTH showed up on the PFD…progress for a change. I could see TOD and BOD on the MFD navigation map. When I reached TOD the aircraft descended as expected. VNAV took the aircraft down to 5000 ft and leveled off. I knew this was to be a two stage VNAV descent. At this point I was looking for the next TOD and BOD to take the aircraft to 1600 ft. I could see the BOD on the navigation map but not TOD. The aircraft never descended again. With the aircraft 9 or 10 miles from the airport, the APPR button was clicked and the aircraft descended based on the APPR. This to me is prgress, but not perfect. It seems that the second TOD and BOD should have been implemented by the autopilot. I have a screen shot but do not know how to attach screen shot to this chat.
Thanx for your help.
papaurn

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re doing well now. Sounds like it’s working better for you, but it still has issues. MSFS may just not be consistent in getting all the TOD/BOD markers put into the sim (which would be consistent with the issues ATC has in the sim). Some approaches may be set up right, and others missing data. So does appear to be a bug/oversight to me. I’ll keep watching for other approaches and see if I notice any more that are missing data. I also hope some more folks that are more experienced in these approaches notes this thread and jumps in!
Regards
P.S. I’ve included a screenshot with the icon marked to show what you hit to download a screenshot.

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like