Want to Record & Replay Your Flights?

dl nvidia geforce experience click alt z voila…it will record everything…you cannot change views on replay

1 Like

That’s the problem, you must be able to change views on replay

8 Likes

This is absolutely unacceptable on the part of Microsoft. This feature goes back 20 years! You mean we don’t have that technology today? This is something that needs addressing until it’s remedied. And I intend on doing just that.

4 Likes

I hope this feature comes soon. After flying, especially a difficult long flight, I like to kick back and look at my landings from all kinds of views. It’s a routine I had for many years. Now just closing to the main menu feels so incomplete. The profile awards for activity is not enough.

9 Likes

you’re absolutely right…i totally agree

1 Like

Have you all voted for it?

1 Like

X-Plane provides a replay feature automatically. This assists the pilot in reviewing the external aspects of their landing. This helps find where the pilot needs to improve. Or even a different perspective of seeing how they handle an impossible failure at takeoff.

2 Likes

Mate, I think you’re in the wrong forum. Nobody asked about X-Plane.

You’re quite right that no one asked about X-Plane. The point being, I identified that the feature in question is provided in a competitor’s simulator. I also provided the basis above on the benefits it would add to FS2020. I wish you a good day kind sir.

5 Likes

Recording an hours long flight at full res is going to end up with huge file sizes for the video, a proper recording will only record the direction of the craft and wind and all that stuff. Much smaller.

1 Like

Hi all, The big problem with making videos is that as soon as you remove the HUD, you can no longer fly the plane from the outside, and that’s where it’s most beautiful. So Microsoft would have to change that. Or is it me who did not find the trick?

And the Radeon users can run the Radeon Relive Video. Works great, just as the NVIDIA which I used before.
Both options create mp4 files and when you want to edit these recordings (e.g. to put in extra text or other stuff) you can use a video editor like Screencast-O-Matic (SOM), which I use already for several years now.
Take a look at my website (www.wilveenstra.nl) and choose a flight to look at. These are all Youtube videos created with SOM.

1 Like

Thank you … The Nvidia recording option still not working good with my settings. I remember using FSrecorder back with MS FSX. it was not recording like a video but in saving flight and flying data. that made it easy to change the aircraft during the flight with some useful options such as changing the environment and the sim speed. hope to find some software that works like FSrecorder soon.
Have a nice flying day.
:slightly_smiling_face:

I just release a free one. Hope it is useful to you.

4 Likes

Yes! Finally! A really simple and easy to use program, with great and smooth replay. And it’s free!

2 Likes

Very nice news in fact. Thank you for bringing this to the community. I need to give it a try. my best wishes to you and thanks again for your effort.

Today I spent some time looking at your flight recorder. I admit I had no problem using it.
Rating it as 6/7 stars (personal evaluation). One option I would like to see is the “ability to bring the recorder console to the top of the FS console” if needed. And if possible the user can move the time slider during playing. now it is possible to move it during “pause” state only.
Greets for this nice and easy-to-use recorder. :slight_smile:

I try to make sure the tool is most stable and predictable in the first release, so the steps are a bit explicit, but I will definitely try to smooth out the experience in future release.
Basically in future update it will still moving only on pause, but it will automatically pause when you hold the handle on the slider and unpause when you release.

1 Like

Sounds great. The effort of freeware is incredible. Can you change cameras in playback?

Yes, I tried that as well , I am sure [NguyenQHy] has all the answers as he is the initiator and the developer of this project.