Warning - Sometimes problems when buying from the market place

As the official channels are not warning people about purchases from the marketplace as they should be. DO NOT BUY FROM MARKET PLACE STORE until they fix purchases. The least they could do is pull it down to stop people buying.

When you buy a product it will go to install and then freeze the simulator at the wait part of the installation. It will then lock you out of the simulator until you delete the secenary folder you downloaded i.e London City airport

5 Likes

but it is not for all users the same, I don’t have this problem on my side. All is working fine also with installations from marketplace.

12 Likes

Did you buy this product yesterday or today as I have purchased LOWI last week and was fine.

LOWI yesterday and it works fine
Purchased in game (MS Store)

1 Like

works fine here

Hello all,

pls be kind also include info about your product - Store/Steam/DVD,… Your infos that all is ok will not help to any users here…

2 Likes

I have reported on bug page and zendesk. Been on the ORBX forum and they don’t seem to want to help if its purchased from the microsoft store. Was here just to warn others as I’m not the only person with this issue. But it does seem some people who have purchased are OK.

I had this problem yesterday too. Buying on Windows Store edition (KDEN).

Used the Market place for numeroues purchases, no issues at all.

1 Like

My advice is hold off on buying Scenery.

The original team has had very little time to address scenery issues and the best way to keep the necessary pressure and priority on it is to keep the original expectation - that we want scenery in as many parts of the world as possible to match promo video quality.

1 Like

Is not a “they don’t want to”. It’s a “they can’t”. They can help you with strictly mod related issues (i.e. “I downloaded it but it crashes the game”) not with store related issues (like you, not being able to finish downloading). If you go to a shop, buy a book but the shopkeeper locks you in, you wouldn’t complain the book author :wink:
You did your part reporting on Zendesk now just wait for these issues to be investigated. It takes time, especially when there’s the first patch going on. When a game first releases it gets priority to sort game breakers or as in this case, install issues which prevent people to even get the sim working. Just be patient, and you’ll see it all will be sorted soon

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.

Some people are having problems, others not. At least people should now be aware that their purchases may have potential downsides and will be able to make a decision on whether the addon is worth the hassle. An official comment on this would be helpful at some stage.

Thanks for the information.

2 Likes

No worries thats all this post was meant to be. Not a bashing post as I know they will fix it at some point, I would of liked to of known there could be a issue before I purchased from the market place as I would of purchased from ORBX direct.

Another problem with marketplace is that it wont update DLC to newer versions until atleast september 1st (could be longer) I’ve bought and downloaded London pack without issue though.

2 Likes

Many thanks for the suggested ‘fix’. I moved my London City folder out of the game and now it all works again. Was thinking of kicking the cat because nothing I did seemed to work. The cat is very grateful to you. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Ok thank you for the constructive contribution

2 Likes

Came looking for help, and couldnt help but comment on the sorry attitudes. I appreciate the post, and wish I had seen it before I dropped close to 200$ on content I cannot use. I had the gamepass edition, which isnt entitled to bundles or DLC. Thanks for the heads up Asobo. I purchased the standard edition, and was forced to reinstall. It still wont show my DLC, and cant get a refund on credits.

Really sour experience with the software, lets not make it worse in the forums. All those sentences couldve been used to actually help someone. Nope. That isnt what happened. Thanks.

3 Likes

Oh, I love that. Can I borrow it? No copyright to be infringed on these forums haha.

As much as I’m sure OP did not intend any harm by basically saying it affects everyone, let’s not start with chopping heads please. It just makes this whole community less welcoming and just a tad more toxic.
Just as an aside - I had no issues purchasing and downloading content. I am puzzled why there is a delay (might be a good reason) as to why updates to content are not here yet. The wrong way HMS Belfast is pointing triggers my OCD :laughing:

1 Like

FYI, I don’t have any problem to purchase, install and run the sim from Market place

3 Likes

Did you have to reinstall the whole sim or the 1GB loader? I can imagine the loader is from a different sku so you’ll have to redownload that. Does the DLC show as owned in marketplace?

1 Like