Warning: Your graphics device has encountered a problem

Download DDU here and use the file in Safe mode. DDU will uninstall the old driver. Then restart and install a new or older graphic driver.

And it will only get fixed if it is brought to the attention of the dev team via the Zendesk or flagging this thread as a Bug and adding it to the Bug_Log with some degree of priority.

2 Likes

Ordinarily yes, but it was repeatedly reported during the beta and supposedly logged as a problem.

Dunno about anyone else, but I’m not sending Zendesk tickets for a problem that I and many others flagged repeatedly during the SU10 beta. I’ve got better things to do!

1 Like

because you are seemingly sure, have you checked that and how ( e.g disabled xmp mode ) ?

Asobo (via this forum) said it was to do with VRAM or RAM getting full and suggested lowering graphics settings to combat that. I can say categorically that when I’ve seen this crash happen that is not the case, not even close. I regularly play with Riva Statistics open which displays overall temps, usage, clock speed(s) etc which are always more highly committed than the dev mode shows. When I’ve seen this crash happen both VRAM and RAM are not much more than half full. I’ve also seen my VRAM (11GB) fully committed for significant periods of time and the game doesn’t crash.

FWIW I have never not had XMP enabled on my PC, including from the day I bought FS2020. If Asobo have made a change that is requiring users to halve the speed of their RAM via BIOS to be able to play the game then that’s a change Asobo need to undo.

I should add that my GPU is overclocked (both VRAM and clock speed) and my CPU is undervolted meaning it will boost higher. The game is not crashing as a consequence of this.

5 Likes

Just got this error twice this week
 most recent one being just now. Frig. Annoying.

My system is not overlocked, not overheating, and not running out of RAM or VRAM (128GB RAM and 16GB VRAM). Usually (I didnt look when it crashed this time) the VRAM usage sits around 10 to 12 GB
 so that leaves plenty or room. This ought to be something else.

Any proper solutions or workarounds yet??

By the way, this is a Ryzen 5800X3D and an RX 6900 XT.

1 Like

that was what I want to know :slight_smile:

All we know is, that the amount of VRAM is seemingly not the cullprit. That would also not match with the error message in windows event log and the mentioned Aftermath logs the users posted. Buts still like allways, there must be a reason why lots of users not getting that popup ( like me, as usually ). So we can only collect informations.

@FreedFlyer97231 what kind of message did you found in windows event log ?

PS: XMP mode is not nearly a doubling of frequencies, but its still OC, and so a “user thing”.

1 Like

Asobo changed something about 2 weeks before the recent update release.

We should not have to change anything on our PC’s which were working fine up until the change.

This thread needs to be raised in priority and reported as a bug so they’ll apply the resources to fix it.

3 Likes

The OC thing is definitely a red herring. I’ve been really lucky, only having this crash once in-flight. The other 2 times have been whilst using the GSX editor and zooming around with the done cam. It happened last night in fact, just as I hit enter to save my edits.

The vast majority of the the time I am able to play overclocks and all. For an awful lot of that time my VRAM particularly is absolutely maxed out and the game isn’t crashing.

Early on my GPU OC was causing FS2020 to crash (I’m talking early last year - it was the memory clock speed that was the problem) and I dialled it down a bit to what I have now, thankfully It’s been rock steady ever since. Weirdly only FS2020 didn’t like it, every other game, benchmark and stress test was more than happy with it.

well
 I have other experiance from existing users report ( also these popup here in parallel topic ).

And not understand me wrong. I try only that we can collect informations. If the issue can not reproduced then developers have no chance for a fix, if the issue lis in the application.

And I just not understand sentences which are like " I will do nothing at my system, it is Asobos fault ". May be there is an issue within the application, but may be with a little reducing of e.g. OC ( which ever ) or other system settings users find a workaround and in that way the developers get also a idea whats possible happend :slight_smile:

For me is that like to the memory-cant-read issue: there must be a reason why most users never see that popup.

I ve got this answer from MS / Asobo Support:

Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator)

Oct 1, 2022, 02:35 GMT+2

Hi xxx,

This type of crash can occur due to PC resource issues caused by conflicts with third party software/mods/

Before doing anything else, we invite you to restore the sim to its vanilla state and try again.

WHY SHOULD I RESTORE THE SIM TO ITS VANILLA STATE?
Mods & Add-ons are an important part of Microsoft Flight Simulator and we deeply appreciate the work that is being done by 3rd party creators to enhance the sim but Asobo Studio and Microsoft do not oversee the creation of add-ons and plug-ins.

Our responsibility is to ensure the stability of the sim in its vanilla state, which is why we will only investigate vanilla installations.

HOW TO RESTORE THE SIM TO ITS VANILLA STATE?
Here are the 5 steps to quickly restore the sim to its original/vanilla state:

Move or rename the community folder

Uninstall freeware, payware and peripherals

Delete the Content.xml file and .dat files

Uninstall paid and free content from the marketplace

Delete the rolling cache

To find step-by-step instructions visit our full guide “How to restore the sim to its vanilla state”.

WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER RESTORING THE SIM TO ITS VANILLA STATE?

If the sim keeps behaving abnormally in its vanilla state, you’ll need to investigate further, which is why you will find instructions below on what to do depending on the results of the tests. We appreciate you taking the time to restore the sim to its vanilla state and performing these steps thoroughly.

Outcome #1. the problem persists despite restoring the sim to its vanilla state

If the sim is not stable in vanilla mode, please send us the following elements (see instructions below our signature):

Your DxDiag

Your MSinfo

A copy of your UserCFG.opt file

Screenshots or video capture depicting the issue

A copy of the “MountPoints” if you can load the main menu OR screenshots of the “Community” and “Official” folders if you can’t load the main menu

We appreciate you taking the time to send these files. The information gathered by support will help our QA team investigate the problem.

Outcome #2. The problem disappeared after restoring to sim to its vanilla state

If the sim is stable in vanilla mode, reinstall all your mods and plug-ins.

Find the community folder renamed or moved earlier

Rename the folder or Copy-cut (CTRL + X) the Community Folder

Navigate to the Packages folder

Replace the (CTRL + V) empty Community Folder with your Community folder

Reinstall your plug-ins.

Redownload your marketplace content via the content manager.

Outcome #3. The problem reappears after reinstalling the mods and plug-ins

If the sim starts crashing or behaving abnormally after reinstalling the mods and plug-ins, you’ll need to investigate which third-party element is not compatible anymore with the base sim.

Repeat steps 1 to 3 then reinstall your mods and plug-ins one by one.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

I was fussing with graphics and nvidia. Upon restarting, it would CTD. The only way out of the problem was to reinstall (four hours later). After install, I reset nvidia and left defaults in FS. I flew for about 30 minutes and I could see my 1070 cranking along at 99% throughout (I have 10700k). Shortly after breaking out clouds at 10,800 in the NE USA, got the popup about too hot and some driver fault. I do not OC my video card.

At the time of this writing, there are > 600 posts, and 152 votes.

Towards the end of the last beta cycle, Asobo changed something that persisted into the release. This change results in an error message and CTD for at least 152 users.

The change needs to be investigated seriously and reversed or resolved.

5 Likes

Here ya go:

What irks me
 SO CLOSE!!! ergggg

Edit:
Wanted to include this one as well
 GPU and CPU info during the same approach, but takeoff from a much closer airport
 I just really wanted to complete that flight, as much as it sucked restarting it.

2 Likes

intressting
 of course with an ATI not a NVLDDMKM , but instead these common 0x80000003 which give us realy no details about whats happend :-/

Perhaps we should all do what the support team suggests.

Maybe we all have a common addon that is causing the issue.

or

We might be able to prove that it has nothing to do with addons (which can only interact via established mechanisms provided by Asobo’s SDK). In fact, if addons can cause this error, then the SDK is not doing it’s job of isolating the sim and it’s not sandboxing the addons properly.

So the onus falls back onto Asobo if that’s the case.

2 Likes

Guys all was fine with
18 beta no matter what Driver or addon.

Then the crashes came they released anyway

They have no clue so they say vanilla no mods

3 Likes

YES, those ■■■■ CTDs came with SU 10 Final and even with the last beta.
I have the problems with both a vanilla installation and a full community folder. Really annoying that that went into the SU10. This sim is unusable for me right now. You never know where this bug will strike again.
Getting this error after a 3 hour flight is really annoying and spoils all the fun.
Asobo has to remedy this and provide a fix for this bug.

2 Likes

I was so stoked to have the sim running smooth sense SU10 install
Did a 2 hour flight yesterday and streamed. Fire up the sim today and got this
first i was in the game parked at the parking spot and about 5min in for the error. So rebooted ran c cleaner for a cleanup. Then it would go to not responding about 90% loaded in

Yeah, this dialog box is fast becoming the BSOD equivalent - and hated as much.
3 times today for me. Once loading the aircraft, then while on the ramp, and just there, after being in-flight for one and a half hours.

Joy.