WASM for Xbox SU12

You’re able to fly it anyway because you’re on PC as well right?

“Openness and honesty” is sure something isn’t it? Being coy and vague is only making things worse. The situation needs a backbone. Just rip the bandaid off already. Sure people will be upset for awhile but to drag it out will make it straight nasty. How strong is the resolve I wonder more than anything.

2 Likes

Yes, but my PC experience is a massive downgrade over my Xbox experience. I have (going by MSFS’s own system requirements FAQ) a better than recommended spec nVidia, but not as good as ideal spec nVidia PC. It’s a Razer Blade laptop. Its fans are obnoxious, its case gets hot and the sim runs worse on it than it does on my Xbox. I constantly fiddle with the in-sim settings, Windows settings, bios settings, obsess over FPS counters, and I find all that miserable and completely the antithesis of why I sit down to fly a sim. I get the sense there are many PC users on this forum that love that part of PC gaming. I loathe it.

As such, I rarely ever fly the DC-6, because the experience on the PC blows.

I really, really hope this WASM fix is going to happen. I love that plane. It’s all I want to fly.

6 Likes

Right there with you.

1 Like

We need WASM ASAP!

9 Likes

Well, that ship sailed!

For what? You are not losing anything. Everything you get is a bonus because you certainly aren’t paying for any of it.

Well, a consolation for the fact that they initially told us we get this fix in SU10, then SU11 and, now it’s looking like SU12.

You don’t measure everything simply in monetary values. And if you want to do that, there were those of us who invested in an expensive add-on — the DC-6 — that was sold as Xbox compatible.

The verbiage used by Jörg and Co. is that we are going to see this rectified. There is value in what words people use that establish hope and excitement for what was supposed to have been here already.

1 Like

Yeah I bought the dc6 at launch and I got denied a refund. Nearly a year of not being able to use it on xbox. I have a pc but like other posters my pc experience is not that good.

Ok. I’m ending this conversation with you.

8 Likes

The one thing that is for sure, is that WASM is coming to Xbox, and with it some additional (and more complex) aircraft. In the last Dev Q&A Jorg Neumann was very happy that they had it working (which was not a given at the time), but needed to do more work on installation and delivery (plus any other bugs), I’m guessing they had to focus on the stability issues and memory optimization, so if it takes more time, it takes more time. Better to get it working and take a bit longer, than to release it fast and have it break (just one opinion)

3 Likes

Yep, that’s the right thing to do imo.
Do not waste your time.
We need WASM on Xbox, that’s all.

7 Likes

They need more time - yes sure.
Take your time that it works properly.
Honestly who wants WASM support and complex Aircraft’s with constant CTDs.
Nobody, because than msfs2020 is NOT playable anymore.
We loose everything if WASM is not working.
No fun to fly.

Again take your time for WASM support.

3 Likes

This was answered by Jorg in a recent Dev Q&A. The problem with WASM not working on XBox is an issue that lies with the XBox platform team (it is a platform API issue at heart). The MSFS team had implemented and lined up the one potential possible workaround for SU10, but after long testing it turned out that this workaround came with considerable user experience problems and potential for long-term broken installation issues.

As mentioned in that Q&A, it was hoped that the actual solution could be completed with the XBox platform team in time for SU11. As then later reported in the dev updates, this did not ultimately come to pass in time.

5 Likes

What does WASM bring to Xbox?

WASM will allow that Complex / Studylevels Plane like DC6 is coming to XBOX.

It will allow complex and external script on XBOX which is today totally unusual for a console.

4 Likes

Which Dev Q&A was this? The last one I saw (which was the last one they did), he stated they had a fix and it worked great but had a kludgy implementation (something about it being like an add-on and in some circumstances it would need to be uninstalled) and they didn’t like that aspect of it and want to improve it.

I do not recall any mention of long term issues or any reliance on outside-of-the-sim Xbox requirements.

Can you point me to this Q&A.

My question was posed after it was noticed on the Sept 29 dev blog that WASM’s implementation was changed to SU11 or SU12. No answer, I’ve seen, was given for that (until yours, of course).

(For what it’s worth, Matt, you know my high opinion of you and I’m not doubting your word at all, I’d just like to see/hear this myself as I’m invested from a purely interested-in-the-technical-side of the issue)

1 Like

On this specific point it may have been in previous Q&As when the issue of why WASM wasn’t working in the first place was talked about, but I know it’s been mentioned previously that the issue is a platform team issue at the core.

My recollection as to the other stuff is that it was the dev Q&A held during the SU10 beta, but it’s also possible I may be compressing messaging together from multiple answers. In any case, hopefully that fills the information gap a bit.

3 Likes

Would you be able to confirm if the new Working Title updates such as the CJ4 refresh etc still be able to release on Xbox sometime this year considering this WASM Xbox delay?

I of course can’t confirm any sort of release dates but I can say that none of our projects are developed on the WASM stack, they are on the JS stack, so they are not subject to this issue.

2 Likes

Well, today’s (Oct 13) Dev Blog confirms WASM is definitely no longer listed with SU11 and is now SU12.

1 Like